Found: theshopper3's missing report...2nd Part

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
lprof

Found: theshopper3's missing report...2nd Part

Post by lprof »

osted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:27 am Post subject: Whew,,,,, 2nd Part of the Adventure

G'Day Mates.
Well, we are now in Oz. We had a wonderful time in Raratongo.
Unfortunatley we did not get to do the Lagoon cruise as it was Sunday & I guess the locals are all hung over & can not drive the boats Crying or Very sad So we choose to suck up all the sun on our last day..... We did manage to go out in a canoe & check out the under water wild life, but the lagoon is full on big yucky sea cucumbers..... gross............

We had 2 flights for a total of 12 hr travel time, to reach OZ. We had a 5 hr layover in Acukland, so ran out of the airport & did a walk about..... Well there is not much in the area, but we did find a mini mall Laughing Laughing Laughing No wasn't that bad. just walked around a food store & got a big shock on the prices & the different food they have to offer, found a Subway & had some lunch. It looks like a beautiful country & maybe some day we will actually get to see more of it than just the airport.

We were met at the airport by our friends daughter as she lives here. We were in awe on the drive to her home & trying to calm down our friend who had been calling his daughter for the last hour every 5 minutes to see if we had arrived.
Now they do drive on the same side as STJ, but the driver is on the opposite side of the car, so it was a little weird. Neither of us knew where to look, you want to take it all in at once.

After a few cold ones & lots of chatting we were off for a great sleep.

Up early..... not sure what day it real is Rolling Eyes

Today we spent the day in Melborne city . had a lovely day, went to the Aquarium & saw so many amazing water life creature from mostly OZ, but also other parts of the world. Went up in the largest building, it is 92 story's high with an observation deck on the 88th floor, which takes 32 seconds to reach.

The old buildings are amazing, they have a great city tram that was really cool & free to boot, there are so many people in the down town area it was like being in Toronto.... but much more people.

Back to the house to recharge our batteries for tomorrows adventures....

Jorge, I kissed Larry for you & he kissed ya back.

California Girl..... I need you to pm me your address Laughing YUP a little bit of Raro will be on it's way in a few weeks....

The Shopper 3
... no longer a stranger to paradise
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

lprof - thanks for posting these first two installments! I must've read these and just forgot with my own vacation in-between then and the shopper's new installments, since I did PM her my address and did receive my little piece of Raro! Thanks again for the seashell, Ruth! :D
linne

Post by linne »

Thank you for the help lprof. I can't remember if I have seen it before. I mostly remember if there is pics in a report. Also I didn't know the name Oz or Ozzy - have never heard it before except from the weird man Ozzy.

Linne
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

linne wrote:Thank you for the help lprof. I can't remember if I have seen it before. I mostly remember if there is pics in a report. Also I didn't know the name Oz or Ozzy - have never heard it before except from the weird man Ozzy.

Linne
Linne - Maybe I can help. OZ is a nickname for "Australia" and Ozzy is the nickname for Australian "people". I can't tell you the origins of these, but I started hearing it used in the 80's.

Not to be confused with Ozzy Ozbourne, whose picture Cid posted on the other report - a joke or a "play on words." :lol:

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:59 pm.