The “Broke Drunk Friends Tour”

Travel discussion for St. John
FlaGeorge

The “Broke Drunk Friends Tour”

Post by FlaGeorge »

The “Broke Drunk Friends Tour” is officially 100 days from hitting the island. Time is short now and there are a few major/minor things that still need to happen.

Jorge, Dr. Curley and Dr. Curley’s wife are scheduled to take Scuba lessons before we go – good luck guys, nothing like “blowing bubbles”.

If I can find a local place – I’m going to have T-Shirts made up that say on the back:
“The Broke Drunk Friends Tour” and it will list several beaches & bars that the tour hopes to hit.

Time to really start making the food list for the food we want to take down. One of the members of the tour – I won’t mention any names (Dr. Curley) is a real a picky eater. But then there is always SPAM.

Need to reserve our spots on 6-Paq for the “Virgin Bubble Blowers”.

But one of the most important things to do – is hook up with all you good folks that will be “on-island” the same time (May 5-12).

Can you tell that I’m excited – no, really excited.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Does one have to actually go on the tour to get a tshirt!!! I'd love one :) & be willing to pay!
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I agree, I would pay to be an honorary Broke Drunk Friend
jac w

Post by jac w »

me too - it would be the next best thing to being there.
PA Girl

T shirt

Post by PA Girl »

If you can't find a local printer for your t shirts, you can buy sheets of iron-on transfer at any Walmart or office supply place. Design the logos on your pc, run the sheet thru your print and iron. It is really easy and you can get pretty creative with wording, logos, pics, etc. (yes, I have done my share of "tours" that involve t-shirts. A fun idea is to have check boxes next to the pit stops. take a sharpie along)
jac w

Post by jac w »

PA Girl - the check box idea is something else - brings back memories. I went to a bachelorete party and the bride to be had one of those. The brides maids made up a list, hied a car and then everyone went out and helped her check off items. It was a hoot.
mia

Post by mia »

FlaGeorge,
If you can't find a local place and you're not a
do-it-yourselfer....I came across this ad in my junk mail this morning. Normally. I would have deleted without opening....but a light bulb flashed :idea: and I remembered your post....mia

http://www.thattshirtsite.com/mydesign.php?reload=true
It takes both the sun and the rain to make a beautiful rainbow. --Unknown
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

I had very good luck with zazzle.comlast year creating our St. John commemorative t-shirts blazoned with "Yes, you can have the mango!" :wink: Very quick turn around and delivery for the create you own products section. We even returned a very slight defect that they replaced right away with no questions asked.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

We have used Zazzle before and had great results as well. They are pretty quick too.
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

Wow, wish my company could get that kind of prices from our clients for tees and mugs, etc.

And no I am not soliciting business from the forum.
Ron_L

Post by Ron_L »

The BBQ group that I belong to has used Cafe Press (www.cafepress.com) for shirts, mugs, etc. with good results.

If you do decide to go into the shirt business, I'll take one, too! :)
...ron

Time to start working on convincing the wife that we have to go back soon!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Ron_L

Post by Ron_L »

Treasure hunt? Sounds like fun!

Is anyone here into Geocaching? It's sort of like a treasure hunt in that Geocachers will hide "caches" and then post the GPS coordinates on the Geocaching web site for others to find. Most caches have trinkets in them that you can take and then leave something of your own. There are three caches on St. John and quite a few on St. Thomas and St. Croix.. I plan on finding the STJ caches while we are there.

http://www.geocaching.com

Just search by country and then USVI.
...ron

Time to start working on convincing the wife that we have to go back soon!
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

I'll be there the week before (just missing the "Broke Drunk Friends Tour") and with a t-shirt in hand could start the advertising for you ahead of time....or should I say preparing STJ for what's about to hit. Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Yeah Jorge! We will be there soon after you. Maybe we can win the treasure! :) We'll wear your t-shirts too to keep you there in spirit!