The “Broke Drunk Friends Tour”

Travel discussion for St. John
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

We've used zazzle.com before as well. The site is cool, because once a shirt is designed, you can name it and I believe send links to others. If other people want a shirt, they can order it from zazzle.com in any color, size, etc. I was very impressed with the quality of the screenprinting and shirt quality.

We'll be in STJ with wontongirl and look forward to meeting ya'll!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Ron_L wrote: Most caches have trinkets in them that you can take and then leave something of your own.
This sounds super neato! What kinds of things are left in the caches? Dumb stuff? Jewelry stuff? Granola bars? Tickets to Coral World? Just curious, this has my attention here! :wink:
Ron_L

Post by Ron_L »

California Girl wrote:This sounds super neato! What kinds of things are left in the caches? Dumb stuff? Jewelry stuff? Granola bars? Tickets to Coral World? Just curious, this has my attention here! :wink:
Nothing edible, for sure! Too many hungry critters! In most cases it is trinkets like key chains, toys for the kids, etc. Here's a list from the cache near Cruz Bay (this is what the person who first hid the cache started it out with).

CACHE includes:
princess barbie doll
usa pin
rubber duck
mocassin
key chain
pink turtle
super ball
red mustang travel bug
tape measure
light key ring
thimble
dog tag travel bug "chloe" tb153pz
log book
pen
5.00 F.T.F.

You're supposed to sign the log book, take something if you want to, and leave something. We have a collection of Chicago-related things that we use for leave-behinds. Sometimes you can find interesting things. One cache in the Chicago area is stocked with home-burned CDs and DVDs by the owner and he keeps it full. Another that we found had Illinois Lottery tickets in it, but the idea is something small and fun since the cache container is usually fairly small.

Also, the things called Travel Bugs are special items that are identified by a dog tag with a serial number and people are asked to move them form cache to cache, sometimes with a goal in mind. For example, I "released" a travel bug that had a goal to make it to Hawaii and back. It went across the country, to Hawaii, and back to the mainland over a three year period until it finally disappeared!
...ron

Time to start working on convincing the wife that we have to go back soon!
Dr. Curly

Post by Dr. Curly »

I'm not a picky eater, I'm just very discerning!

Can't wait to blow scuba bubbles, which I suppose are a little different then the ones blown in the bathtub.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Re: the geocaching, there was a story in the VI daily news a few months ago that the National Park had decided they didn't want people geocaching in the VI National Park. They were afraid that people would unintentionally damage undocumented ruins in their search for the caches. There was more to their reasoning, but the upshot of the article was that the rangers had tracked the location of the caches on St. John and were going to remove them. I don't know if they actually did remove them or not, but just a heads up that they may not be there any more.

Personally, I think geocaching sounds really cool!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Bandit

Scavenger Hunt List

Post by Bandit »

OK Jorge and Members of The Broke & Drunk We Were Once Friends But Not Anymore Tour

Here is the start of my list of things I want you to find and take a picture of:

1. A yellow polka-dot bikini (must be held in your hand) :evil:
2. A Customs or Immigration Agent (Smiling)
3. A lit Cuban Cigar (Obviously the label must still be on it)
4. A "Crab Dip" or "Thou Shalt Stop" Sign
5. A Sunset

And a picture of the following very public people:
1. Bartender Dave
2. Foxy Callwood
3. Conrad Sutton
4. Tomas at the Ferry Dock
5. Kenny Chesney

By design, some are easy and some aren't, but all are doable.

Have fun!

Bandit
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Ron_L

Post by Ron_L »

Liamsaunt... Thanks for the info. The NPS has been very cooperative with Geocachers in other areas, nut I can understand their concerns. Of the three caches currently listed for STJ, two are definately not on park property, and the one that may be is a virtual cache where there isn't a physical cache container to find, but rather a landmark or something similar. The two that are physical have been found in the last week. hopefully they will still be there in March.
...ron

Time to start working on convincing the wife that we have to go back soon!
California Girl

Re: Scavenger Hunt List

Post by California Girl »

Bandit wrote:OK Jorge and Members of The Broke & Drunk We Were Once Friends But Not Anymore Tour

Here is the start of my list of things I want you to find and take a picture of:
Bandit! This is a GREAT idea! Like a scavenger hunt! So is there a prize for the winner who can get all? hee hee! Or is this just a Jorge challenge? 8)
Bandit

Here's your clue...

Post by Bandit »

Jorge wrote:Yo Bandit,
Hum, yellow polka-dot bikini. Give me a clue on that one, the others are a piece of cake. Maybe something like Mrs. Marcia? Jorge
Well to make this more of a challenge since I think that's what you are asking...

No..not Mrs. Marcia, as she doesn't really care for me or my comments. Can be her suit or someone else's but NOT her.
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

You guys are making me laugh so hard I cry! This is too funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can just picture Jorge kidnapping Marcia from the Beach Bar, thus completing his list!

I've also learned alot from this post about Geocachers, had never heard of them (or it) before!

Jan (akaCharlie)
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

We should send each forum member with a list of pictures to take. They shoul dbe different for each person and they have to post them when the return.

How much fun would that be? I bet we could come up with some fun shots.
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

Jan&MikeVa wrote:You guys are making me laugh so hard I cry! This is too funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can just picture Jorge kidnapping Marcia from the Beach Bar, thus completing his list!

I've also learned alot from this post about Geocachers, had never heard of them (or it) before!

Jan (akaCharlie)

Hmmmm...I don't think the kidnapping thing is gonna happen...not on my watch, at least. Now, could she be persuaded to give up the bikini? Perhaps. With the help of a few Bushwackers...perhaps.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED