DELETED

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Nice to see Dick Cheney give a little support to gay marriage. Finally, I pretty much agree with him on something:

"WASHINGTON – Former Vice President Dick Cheney said Monday he supports gays being able to marry but believes states, not the federal government, should make the decision.

"I think, you know, freedom means freedom for everyone," Cheney said in a speech at the National Press Club. "I think people ought to be free to enter into any kind of union they wish, any kind of arrangement they wish."

Cheney, who has a gay daughter, said marriage has always been a state issue.

"And I think that's the way it ought to be handled today, that is, on a state-by-state basis. Different states will make different decisions. But I don't have any problem with that. I think people ought to get a shot at that," he said."
---Jim
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

I agree with him that this should be a state issue. Of course, it doesn't matter what I think, the Constitution demands that this issue be left to the states.

I also wish that the Republican Party would stay out of some of these issues...It's fine to state your beliefs on issues like abortion and marriage, but it has seemed to me that they have almost constructed their platform off these types of issues.

Stick with (or get back to) the conservative principles of small government, low taxes, fiscal responsibility, national defense, conservation (which has it's roots in the GOP, contrary to what many believe...read - http://www.rep.org/opinions/op-eds/8.html), personal responsibility, etc.
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE