DELETED

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
DELETED

California is a surprising place

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

It took the US Supreme Court to overturn Loving v. Virginia in the late 1960s. Now considered a landmark civil rights decision. The day will come. The ship has sailed. Public opinion is already swaying significantly when the question is asked in terms of equality.
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

The will of "The People" can be wrong. See, Brown v. Board of Education.

Sounds like you had a nice male bonding experience.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
bevm

Post by bevm »

Not to start a ruckus SJfromNJ...But am I interpreting that you are against same-sex marriages??
Lex

Post by Lex »

If I'm remembering accurately, SJ's opposition to same sex marriage is rooted in his opposition to homosexuality. If someone is opposed to homosexuality, it would certainly follow that they'd be opposed to same sex marriage.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Berlingirl

Post by Berlingirl »

Guess the ship is cruisin to Maine. They just passed the law that gays can marry. More power to them...gay couples should have the same rights as hetrosexual couples.

BTW...Palm Springs is known throughout the world as the "Gay Vacation Capital of the US" so it's an interesting vacation choice for a person whose beliefs don't include equal rights for all.

I'll add that I lived in California for years and agree it's a great state.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
bevm

Post by bevm »

OK usually I steer clear from any political B.S. on the forum. I try to keep everything light and fun. But...
I live in, and work in, a largely gay community called New Hope. Pa. Many of my friends are gay and I'm involved in FACT of Bucks County. I am not gay. But why should my friends who have been with the same partner for as many years as I've been married be denied the same rights that I enjoy? I'm sorry SJfromNJ (and I like you) but on this topic you are totally wrong. Spend some time in a gay community and you'll feel otherwise.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
bevm

Post by bevm »

I understand the way you feel but it breaks my heart to see so many of my gay friends who have been in relationships for as long or even longer than my 29 year marriage be denied the same rights that my husband and I have. The fact that a disapproving family member can come in when their gay child/sibling is on their death bed and totally usurp the decisions that were made as to their end of life wishes really pisses me off. Their life-partner should have that say. Just as your spouse or my spouse would.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
bevm

Post by bevm »

Ok...I've said my piece...Now I'm going back to being the crazy girl with the cherry up her nose. That's what's so great about our country. We can agree to disagree! No harm, no foul, right SJfromNJ??