Catamaran Trip Report - Part 7 - Final

Travel discussion for St. John
Bug

Post by Bug »

Well Marcia, perhaps you and Pete and Ed and I should rent a catamaran and give it a try. At least if we puke the whole week we will do it together :wink:

I did find a charter company that does overnite sails (1, 2, or 3 day) but it a monohaul and they tell me that's not even close to a catamaran.

XOXO
Bug
piscesgirl0314

Post by piscesgirl0314 »

FABULOUS!!!!! What a fun group!!! Thanks for sharing...
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

CAG- You've set the bar pretty high. No doubt that Vicki and I will view this as a challenge that we need to meet for our TR after our December trip!

There will be lot's of "Just sayin's" and "Don't judge me's" no doubt!

Can't wait!
*Another fine scatterbrained production
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Teresa Rae - I could be wrong. I just sort of assumed it was St. Croix by what I could see. I'd be thankful to anyone who can correct what that island is, in that case! :D You're right about flying south to fly north, though. That really doesn't make much sense, does it! :lol:

OOPS! I didn't answer your first question. Our Cape Air flight was scheduled for us as a code share through Continental Airlines. It was also the Cape Air part that changed our schedule twice!

EDITED: St. Croix corrected to Culebra in report!
Last edited by California Girl on Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
California Girl

Bug wrote:Well Marcia, perhaps you and Pete and Ed and I should rent a catamaran and give it a try. At least if we puke the whole week we will do it together :wink:

I did find a charter company that does overnite sails (1, 2, or 3 day) but it a monohaul and they tell me that's not even close to a catamaran.

XOXO
Bug
Talk to Jay. Maybe there's a catamaran he knows of that would only be overnight or 2 days, just so you can see how you do.
Robin in NC

Post by Robin in NC »

After reading your description of the drive to Bev's villa, and what your day had been like, I certainly understand why you didn't hazard a trip across the island for the get-together. I hate for your reports to end, too...you had a very different journey, and with your excellent reporting, made it doubly enjoyable to read!

Robin
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
California Girl

Chris - I believe you're right!! I'm changing it in my report. Thanks Teresa Rae! Thanks Chris! :D
mrscaptainjay

Post by mrscaptainjay »

Great job Margo! I'm so glad you guys had such a good time. I'm always telling people how special a week long charter is in the VI and you did such a great job of telling the details and showing how beautiful it is. Nothing like waking up in the morning and having that view. You should get a commission on any CYOA charters that come out of this! lol

BTW - the island picture is definitely Culebra. That's another place I really want to go to.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

Just want to say thank you so much for all the wonderful reports and the fantastic photos. It has been a pleasure following you on this trip.

Tusen tack!
jmq

Post by jmq »

Nice write up and nice pix CG. Thanks.

So, overall, is sailing sort of like camping on the water?
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
California Girl

WWWT - I think I need to go there too, now that I've seen it from the air! Beautiful!

jmq - That is exactly what sailing is... it's just like camping on water only with a few comforts of home!
:D
Last edited by California Girl on Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LMG

Post by LMG »

I've really enjoyed reading your reports, Margo. Growing up around some boats I've always known I wanted to spend more time doing things like this, but you've helped reaffirm that with your reports! Thanks for taking the time-- it's one of a kind!
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

You ROCK Margo............great trip reports. I really felt like I was with ya all on the trip.
Now all I have to do is plan a trip like...UNless I win the trip.........:)

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know