Is Iran a Surprising Place?

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

Man, where's the collective sense of humor?

JMQ submitted a long, rambling post dripping in sarcasm about my "political accumen". He suggested I go "play with the big boys" because I am (paraphrase) "far too advanced in my debating skill to waste it here on a travel forum".

I thought his post was funny...Got a kick out of it.

I wrote a response in my best Rush Limbaugh tongue, weaving in many of his buzz words, phrases, nicknames, etc...I was playing along...It was done in fun. R-E-L-A-X.

And Flip - I love you. You do not respond to my posts, but you read every word - It's as if you were Barack Obama himself reading Das Kapital.

...Well, except that you do not agree with a single word that I write - while that was clearly NOT the case for Obama when he read "Das Kapital".
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
DaveS007

Post by DaveS007 »

soxfan22 wrote:Man, where's the collective sense of humor?

JMQ submitted a long, rambling post dripping in sarcasm about my "political accumen". He suggested I go "play with the big boys" because I am (paraphrase) "far too advanced in my debating skill to waste it here on a travel forum".

I thought his post was funny...Got a kick out of it.

I wrote a response in my best Rush Limbaugh tongue, weaving in many of his buzz words, phrases, nicknames, etc...I was playing along...It was done in fun. R-E-L-A-X.

And Flip - I love you. You do not respond to my posts, but you read every word - It's as if you were Barack Obama himself reading Das Kapital.
I'm really responding to the second part of this post to say it is brilliant. Very witty. I think many people read your posts, some respond... but what a riot it is that so many come along for the ride; that is your post's. Made me laugh out loud, thanks !!

p.s. I'm with SJNJ, add me to the banned list as well if Soxfan goes. It'll be sad to never again stay at the Bolongo Beach Resort though.

The End? Never.
P-600

Post by P-600 »

In the short time since Soxfan posted his question there has been nearly 3,000 views surpassing most of the other threads on this board. I think it could be a new record... Anthony? Apparently people enjoy this kind of stuff:)

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

P-600 wrote:In the short time since Soxfan posted his question there has been nearly 3,000 views surpassing most of the other threads on this board. I think it could be a new record... Anthony? Apparently people enjoy this kind of stuff:)
THAT, is the reason they would like me to go the way of the Yugo.
Berlingirl

Post by Berlingirl »

P-600 wrote:In the short time since Soxfan posted his question there has been nearly 3,000 views surpassing most of the other threads on this board. I think it could be a new record... Anthony? Apparently people enjoy this kind of stuff:)

I don't know if they enjoy it or not. It's kind of like watching a slow train wreck. :wink:
Hoping for a USVI ticker in 2013!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

SJfromNJ wrote:Bump
I tried.
Boston Mike

Post by Boston Mike »

I am posting a picture of the Blizzard of 78. The scene is me looking out the window at my farther looking for his Dodge Aspen in the driveway.

Life begins where the land ends!
Wakey

Post by Wakey »

JT wrote:
Wakey wrote:
Jan&MikeVa wrote:In honor of Anthony
Anthony said it's cool, let the horse run..

Having said that, I wish everyone would STFU. (he recomended self policing :lol: )
Wakey, You and I probably wouldn't agee on much at all politically, but I think we'd get along pretty good over a beer, or two.
We might share some in common politically and as far as enjoying a beer and company, I'm sure of it..
djmom

Post by djmom »

See Sox, that was funny. VERY. But you usually aren't, you just sound mad, so I had NO idea you were joking. I truly thought you were psycho. :lol: and that you thought you were the next Rush.

I'm not 100 percent sure that you aren't (who isn't a little bit, we all have our issues!) but if the political talk was tempered with more "getting to know you"...maybe this wouldn't all be such a big deal.

That actually why Rush is so successful. I listen becuase he is funny. He is takes politics to the extreme but most listeners understand why. If you took the funny stuff out of his show it would get old really fast. And sometimes even with the funny it gets old. And I have been listening to him since before the first Gulf War!
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

Couldn't agree more djmom...And thank you. I have said that if there were ever an opportunity for me to meet any of you in person, I think you would have a completely different outlook on me. It is difficult to "know" somebody through a computer screen.

And the comments about me getting punched in the face if I were to ever say these things publicly? First, that is a bit threatening...Second, I do say these things...I put articles on facebook, I talk to my friends about these things...Some people think I'm crazy (not in a Cuckoo's nest crazy or right wing nutjob crazy), and some agree wholeheartedly. My entire family is liberal...I'd love to say they're moderate, but they're not. I have two cousins, both extremely intelligent, who think that 911 was an inside job. They made me watch the Zeitgeist Movie...I watched. I then proceeded to tell them both that while I love them, they should seek counseling (not the legal type). Again, there is humor in everything.

BUT, those people all know my sense of humor. It is tough to know that here.
ellesutiger

Off topic

Post by ellesutiger »

I know this is my first post but I've been lurking for a while. It strikes me as odd that so many people are getting bent out of shape about a post on an OFF TOPIC forum. Shouldn't this be a no holds barred discussion forum that allows any discussion that is not offensive or hateful? I am truly amazed at the extreme amount of venom being spewed at this guy because he has an opinion and brings up valid arguments. It's also a little disconcerting that there would be calls to ban this guy from the forum because he speaks his mind on an OFF TOPIC forum. Calls for censorship are alive and well. The likes of Karl Marx and Adolph Hitler would be proud.
Wakey

Post by Wakey »

TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
jmq

Post by jmq »

See Sox, you’re even better at hyperbole than me! It just proves my point that we are not worthy.
BTW, hope you didn’t channel Rush too deeply and pop some oxy, gain 150 lbs, book a charter to the Dominican red light district, or write a bunch of alimony checks.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide