Is Iran a Surprising Place?

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
soxfan22

Is Iran a Surprising Place?

Post by soxfan22 »

Today, the great people of Iran have an opportunity to send that Holocaust-denying anti-semite tyrant of theirs packing (Ahmadinejad), and vote in a man who promises more freedoms, more liberty, and less angst towards the western world (Mousavi).

This could be a huge development in the middle east - if they have the inclination to show this man the door.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090612/D98P4UIG0.html
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Hi Sox. This isn't meant to be an attack on you or anything like that. It's just a simple request. Others here on the forum have kindly requested that this sort of posting stop. I think you would be well-advised to take this to Wakey's political forum. While I agree with you on Iran's elections, this is not the forum for that topic. Thank you.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Please respect Anthonys wishes that this stop.

Thank you

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

Wow - and here I thought this was something we could all agree on. Guess not. Frightening.

I really didn't consider this to be a controversial subject. Telling, very telling.
California Girl

You got it wrong, Sox. I said in my original post that I agree with you on Iran. I seriously do. Iran is not the complaint here. It's the fact that you would start up yet another "political" topic when not only Anthony, but several forum members have requested that this type of posting stop on this forum. I also suggested you take it to the political forum that Wakey referenced. No anger here, just being straight forward about how tired people are of these type of threads on this particular forum.

I repeat.... I agree with you on Iran, I think we're about to see something historic happen. But I don't want to discuss it on the Virgin Islands forum... even on the Off Topic side. Thanks.
hawksnestbay

Post by hawksnestbay »

Quoting from his post 1/30/09

"Anthony
Site Admin
Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:50 pm -----------------

Hey - I was just asking everyone to chill out. I am not silencing the left or the right or the center. You guys want to continue to do this, fine. If it is bothering some, you have to stop reading.

Revisionist History, et tu CG.
All you have to do is not open the post. That works for me.
I have managed to pass up every post that contains a "Woo Hoo" in it. They bother me.

But I will defend your right to "Woo Hoo".

Who taught those Crazy Iranians how to protest? The video I saw this morning showed 2 students kicking each other like they were fighting over the only pail and shovel in the sandbox.
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

Actually, this was Anthony's original request.
- Ruth

==============================
Anthony
Site Admin
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:19 pm Post subject: It's the "Off Topic" forum, not the flaming troll

------------------------------------------------

Everyone, can we just chill with some of these posts? How about off topic is food, wine, beer, books, art, music, sex, travels to other places, and things VI lovers share in common, etc - but not politics? Hang out on the political blogs to get into this stuff - there are so many of them (I will provide a list if needed). I really can't take seeing this forum turning into this. I am trying to accommodate users here by making this available, but not at the expense of it being a giant headache and me needing to monitor it all the time.
Thanks -
[/b]
hawksnestbay

Post by hawksnestbay »

Yes,on the 29th.Then after much discussion, on the 30th he says continue if you want, don't open it if it bothers you.

I do agree that it is almost like driving by a horrible accident, everyone slows down to look.They cannot help themselves.

Now, I shall slather my steaks in Pirates Pepper, whilst contemplating the Lint in Pete's Navel.

Something Off Topic for everyone.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Does anyone have a recipe for Salmon and a good cocktail to go with it?
What kind of music would you play while eating said recipe?
What about shoes? What shoes should I wear?

Oops, sorry, wrong post.
Carry on :P
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

So books are fair game...How about political/history books?

I'm in the middle of a book called "The 5,000 Year Leap: A Miracle That Changed The World".

I've learned more about our founding as a nation than I learned in 16 years of school. Should be required reading, but alas, it doesn't fit into the indoctrination of our youth that the public school system desires.

Nonetheless, everyone should read it.

As for the election in Iran...Appears they are both claiming victory. I would only be more surprised if I woke up tomorrow morning with my face stapled to the carpet. :roll: . A little Christmas Vacation humor there...

I love you guys.

soxy.
DaveS007

Post by DaveS007 »

Your on thin ice buddy!! "They", CG and here minions, already have gotten Jorge banned, your going to be next if you don't comply.... march on.
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

It just kills me Dave because for years, anticapitalism, anti defense, pro-abortion, pro gay marriage people on this board (you know who you are) would mix in snide little comments about George W. Bush right into the "normal" discourse...They wouldn't even start a new thread, they would just make off the cuff smart-ass remarks as part of their posts - and nothing was ever said. This happened with great frequency.

You said it right though, Dave. The word of the day is certainly "compliance". And anyone who does not comply with the radical statist agenda of today is ruined in the media (see: former Ms. California), or taken head on by the administration (see: Rick Santelli). And of course, the Tea Parties were also mocked by the admin, as they were here by a few of the outspoken statists.

We are heading into a dangerous time if dissent and common sense is going to be silenced, and compliance is going to be mandated. Fall in line, sheeple...I refuse.
DaveS007

Post by DaveS007 »

I have used the advertisers on this site numerous times over the last couple years, as I'm sure you have. It's just shameful that a few think they can dictate what we post on the off topic forum. I don't read about the drink of the day, or which appetizer goes best with rum. No one is forcing anyone to read a particular topic. For them to use Anthony as the scapegoat to shut you up is pathetic. Anthony's business is based on posters, as long as you/we keep it clean I don't think he really is concerned with your respectful posts but only plays along to try and keep everyone happy. But beware, Jorge simply slipped up at one point and THEY got'em. THEY shut him up via Anthony. Post on my friend, many of us are reading what you have to say...and I look forward to it. The day you are stopped from saying what you want on the OT is the day I take my biz elsewhere!
California Girl

DaveS007 wrote:Your on thin ice buddy!! "They", CG and here minions, already have gotten Jorge banned, your going to be next if you don't comply.... march on.
DaveS007, I should have known you'd have to put your 2 cents in here.

In the first place, I DID NOT get Jorge banned from this forum. Please ask Anthony...it was his decision to do that after Jorge posted some very off-color stuff on threads that were generated by me. I did request Anthony to remove those postings, but I did not ask him to "ban" Jorge. Jorge did that to himself!

You need to get your facts straight before you go accusing people of things you know nothing about. To this day I cannot figure out what I ever said or did to you to make you hate me so much, but that is what it is.
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

This board has become very "cliqueeee", or however the heck you spell that word.

Not to mention, very particular about what can and cannot be discussed, even outside the realm of politics.

Case in point, a few days ago there were people complaining that "newbees" to the board rush into starting a new thread about something that has been answered numerous times in the past. These people who were complaining about this wished that the newbees would utilize the search function. Well, sorry to bother ya! It's terrible that a new poster who is planning their very first trip to St. John is so excited that they start a new thread asking for the forum's opinion of whether they should stay one villa over another for the umpteenth time. Really, is it that troublesome to your VIOL surfing enjoyment to give someone a respectable answer, rather than suggesting they use the search function to pull up some thread from 3 years ago?

To me, that is the epitome of one (or many) riding in on the proverbial high horse. But that has become the norm amongst many of the old-timers here.

If you "inconvenience" the "regulars" around here either through your political beliefs/statements or by asking what they term a "redundant question", well you become a target of their venom.

Go along to get along? You are loved! Just don't make ripples on my Sunday morning lake.