Is Iran a Surprising Place?

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Boston Mike

Post by Boston Mike »

"Mark all topics read"
Life begins where the land ends!
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

Dave you do seem a little obsessed that this forum is also a business (if a small one at that). I have been working on this or other Caribbean websites for about 15 years now. It is not all about making money. And over the years, we actually have not made much. This forum could never support me and my family - I work at it daily though along with several other things and sometimes pick up whatever comes along to pay the bills. I have always operated on the principle of trying to bring people together to share information. Yes - I sell ads, have sponsors, etc. but I'm a little more of a human than to just be playing you all for your coin. I am sorry you don't seem to get that. Maybe we need to have a beer together -
DaveS007 wrote:Contrary to what most people on here think, there is only one reason for this forum. For an individual entrepreneur to make money be ME using his advertisers.
Last edited by Anthony on Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
JT

Post by JT »

Oh, my. WTF is going on with everyone? This is really turning ugly. I don't get why there is so freakin' much hostility going on here. CG, you do post a lot and I hope you never stop. As to Jorge and CG, that seems to really be a personal thing that everybody else should stay out of. As to Jorge being excommunicated, Anthony made it clear that it was his call. R.I.P. VIOL Jorge. Lex, I agree with you in that you, or anybody else, have no obligation to keep PM's private, but I think it's generally a good idea to keep 'em private. Now, everybody, go do something to make yourselves smile,or bring a smile to the rest of us, will ya? It's just a forum to celebrate the USVI's after all!
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
DaveS007

Post by DaveS007 »

I didn't even read the entire post. Is it ok to say WTF, but not ok to chat with your comrades about politics ?

p.s. Anthony; I'm thinking.
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

This has gotten totally ridiculous! If you want to keep up the political banter do it on another forum or in private messages. I don't and won't read these posts. But when you start harassing a forumite for her postings it's gone too far. Some of you are really out of line. This is a travel forum! Go out and do some good for your fellow person if you have all the free time to post such diatribes! Let's get back to where we were intended to be - the USVI.
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

Anthony wrote: It is not all about making money. And over the years, we actually have not made much. This forum could never support me and my family - I work at it daily though along with several other things and sometimes pick up whatever comes along to pay the bills. I have always operated on the principle of trying to bring people together to share information. Yes - I sell ads, have sponsors, etc. but I'm a little more of a human than to just be playing you all for your coin. I am sorry you don't seem to get that. Maybe we need to have a beer together -
Anthony, with all due respect...No need to shy away from the money-making aspect (however small), we're all adults here! And besides, at least for a few more months, it is still okay to engage and even embrace your entrepreneurial spirit! Capitalism has not been killed YET!
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

flip-flop wrote: Love and inclusion and tolerance always win over hate and bigotry.
Wow! Maybe you should try some of the former on Sarah Palin? You've spewed a lot of hate on her, as has the media.

And I remember there being a ton of love and inclusion during the Clarence Thomas hearings...Especially from the black community (NAACP, rainbow coalition, sharpton, etc). :roll:

And of course, our president has surrounded himself with nothing but loving, wonderful, tolerant people in his lifetime (Ayers, Wright, Pfleger, Rahm, etc, etc, etc, etc). Good, loving, tolerant peeps for sure!

I need a drink.
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
Wakey

Post by Wakey »

soxfan22 wrote: I need a drink.
Yah :lol:

As a fellow Repub, I'd ask you to give PBS a try.

Everyone in the media has a bit of bias, at least these folks are more than sound bites and histrionics.
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

SJfromNJ wrote: My post on California and then New York (which may have been quite a stretch now due to recent developments) are such examples.
My first instinct was to respond to this via PM since I really did not want to extend this discussion, but I thought it only fair to acknowledge publicly that NJ was true to his word in admiting that he might have been mistaken in his opinion on what caused the current politcal gyrations in New York.
Duly acknowledged!
Maryanne

Post by Maryanne »

i love JT and his Grateful Dead vibe
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
jmq

Post by jmq »

Sox – since your claim that you only go political here because others have done it “frequently” about Bush has apparently been debunked, I’m curious: why do you REALLY post your political comments and rants here? I mean, what’s your true motivation? It cant be because you think you’ll change some hearts and minds. And more often than not, it cant be for the level of discussion it generates. Aren’t you bored with the usual knee jerk replies and the usual attaboys from the usual suspects? Do you view it as easy pickings? You know that big Staples EASY button? At one time there were lotsa of them here for you to push, but fewer now that folks got your M.O. figured out. That has to be a disappointment.

I think it’s a legitimate question previously raised: why don’t you play with the big boys on a real, dedicated political forum where there are both liberals and conservatives really duking it out? I mean, this must be the AA (or even lower) of political discussion. This is way below your political debating talents, and maybe like in sports, teams and individuals tend to play down or up to the level of their opponents.

I think I’m fairly well read, but I cant hold a candle to you. If I were you, I might consider not wasting my political time and energy here and take it where I would be more engaged and challenged by folks with similar skill levels, and where my skills would be much more appreciated. That would be a lot more fun. This forum really isn’t worthy of your political acumen.

BTW, these are just some thoughts and questions that I had when I tried to put myself in your shoes – nothing more, nothing less. I really REALLY don’t care what you do.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

In honor of Anthony and a wonderful travel forum please guys end this........it is so not important to this fantastic travel forum.
Wakey

Post by Wakey »

Jan&MikeVa wrote:In honor of Anthony
Anthony said it's cool, let the horse run..

Having said that, I wish everyone would STFU. (he recomended self policing :lol: )