Recipes for Chicagoans

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

StJohnRuth wrote:Chicagoans,
What have you cooked so far?
You are good people to undertake this for your friends.
- Ruth
So far I have made the Woody's pasta salad - Yum! (Substituted plain yogurt for the mayo; it's nice and light.)

Today I'm doing dinner for the next door neighbor, a vegetarian. So I am making Water Guy's veggie soup and LMG's veggie lasagna. (I'm working from home today -- can you tell?) I'm doubling the recipes to split between our 2 families.

Get this: I was at Trader Joe's this a.m. getting most of the ingredients. The cashier asked if I'm having a party, and I said no, just making dinner for a neighbor. She asked about it, so I told her about my friend on bed rest with 2 little ones at home. The cashier said, "Hold on." Then she ran and got a bouquet of flowers and said, "Please give this to her and let her know we're thinking of her." Isn't that sweet? I love Trader Joe's!

I'm still teary eyed (and smiling) thinking about the kindness of people.

And I will try all these other great recipes too! THANK YOU ALL!
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

I got to deliver veggie lasagna for dinner tonight; veggie soup (in the jar) for lunch tomorrow. We had some too. It was really good!

mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Here's a link to a Chicken and Wild Rice soup that I make often:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Creamy-Chi ... etail.aspx
I'm giving the link so you can modify how many servings you want to make.

(I add sauteed, minced carrot, celery and onion, a couple tablespoons of white wine, and substitute milk for the heavy cream)
Bless you for being such a good friend!