What happens on S tJohn

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
pipanale

What happens on S tJohn

Post by pipanale »

Does not stay there...sometimes it ends up on Youtube...and sometimes, if you're really lucky, it shows up at the dinner table in front of your boss, your division VP and your division COO.

One of my coworkers made reference to the video last night at dinner. Another, always ready to come to my aid, whipped out her iphone and showed it to everyone.

So...what started out as "Rob tries to ask pointed questions about how we're planned to move forward in an economy where outsourcing is becoming more and more prevalent" turned into "No...I swear...I was NOT drunk when I put on a bra and skirt and danced in front of a camera"

Can we please get back to how we're positioned in the marketplace? No?

Great...I'm the dancing jackass now.

I regret NOTHING though!

Bosses ain't gonna forget me!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Ahhh... the unforgettable Rob! You'll probably get a raise! :lol:
bevm

Post by bevm »

Margo's right! They probably loved having someone lighten up the moment...even if it was at your expense!!.. And that "what happens on STJ stays on STJ" thing hasn't worked out so well for me either... :roll:
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

holy crap dude!
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

It might stay there if we didn't all come back and talk about it on the Internet. Oops. :oops:
bevm

Post by bevm »

Or post a picture of ourselves with fruit stuffed up a nostril... :roll:
Boston Mike

Post by Boston Mike »

bevm wrote:Or post a picture of ourselves with fruit stuffed up a nostril... :roll:
Don't sneeze too hard you might pop your..... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Life begins where the land ends!
Jo Ann - VA

Post by Jo Ann - VA »

The five of us that went this year made an agreement that what happens in St John stays in St John. Too bad we took so many pictures.... :oops:....
Jo Ann
Always planning the next vacation...
sherban

Re: What happens on S tJohn

Post by sherban »

pipanale wrote: Another, always ready to come to my aid, whipped out her iphone and showed it to everyone.
Sounds like you did it to yourself if coworkers have the video handy....you shared it with people at work, didn't you? Ought to know better... :lol:
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

One of my clients recently asked if they could fire three employees for things they posted on FB and shared with co-workers who also were on FB. I had to tell them the truth...firing them would be perfectly legal.

FB and work do not mix.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

The three employees who got fired were supervisors. They were making inappropriate comments about an employee on other employees' FB walls. The company felt that the supervisors' conduct compromised their ability to act in a supervisory capacity because they were so openly disrespectful to an employee "in front of" (on FB)that employee's co-workers.

The employee who was the subject of the ridicule came to management and complained that the supervisors' comments amounted to harassment. The company investigated and then terminated the three supervisors.

Perfectly legal.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

fatboy wrote:I would like to know what kind of FB post would get you fired. A picture of a drunk person dancing does not seem like grounds for dismisal. A picture of a mid-level manager hitting a crack pipe.........possibly. The point is, if it's not illegal, nobody appears to have been injured, etc., it just "looks bad", how can you get fired for that?
For the 84th time...I was NOT drunk!

Nor was I on company time.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:47 am.