St. John in 7 more days...questions?

Travel discussion for St. John
new york girl

St. John in 7 more days...questions?

Post by new york girl »

Well our long awaited trip to St. John is only 7 days away. I have read all the advice and trip reports and feel really prepared. This forum is the best!!!! I do have one question and would really appreciate input. We are arriving in St. Thomas on Sunday July 26 at 10:56 am (hopefully no delays) and then off to St. John. Hope to arrive at the Westin by 1pm. My questions is where does a family of 4 (two boys ages 11 and 14) go out for dinner on our first night in ST. John. I really want to experience the whole ST. John vibe. Thanks so much for the wealth of information and I cant wait to get there!!!!
Amy
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

The first question I have is, "will you have a car?"

The second question is, "do you plan to go to the Forum gathering at the Beach Bar Sunday 4-7 pm?"

You could go to the gathering and then walk around the block to Lime In. There is also the Fish Trap betweek the Beach Bar and Lime In. The food at the Beach Bar is good. There are several others within walking distance of the Beach Bar. There are others here who will fill you in on their suggestions.

Have a great time and give us a report.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

byado18

Post by byado18 »

Cafe Roma might be a good choice!
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

If you have a car, definitely go into town. Lime Inn is not open on Sunday so I'd go to Cafe Roma or Uncle Joe's Bar-B-Q or maybe Sun Dog Cafe in Mongoose Junction (but I'm not sure of their hours on Sunday).
new york girl

St. John in 7 days

Post by new york girl »

Yes, we have a jeep for the week. Beach Bar sounds like something to start the vacation going. Maybe we'll stop by for a drink and then hit Cafe Roma for dinner. Thanks everyone!!!
Amy
Pia

Post by Pia »

Cafe Roma and Sun Dog (actually I believe Sun Dog no longer serves dinner but I might be wrong) are both closed on Sunday as well. I would go to the Beach Bar and then over the road to the Banana Deck - cool outdoor dining, view of the water and great food :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
mcdomzal

Post by mcdomzal »

I second Pia's idea for Banana Deck. Our first trip with our kids was when they were around your kids ages and they loved Banana Deck. Good "island" feel. Have fun!
MCDomzal
shelli0001

Post by shelli0001 »

hey ny girl, we're staying at the westin next week too, in a villa, arriving on saturday, our first time to stj! maybe we'll cross paths.

safe travels,
shelli
RickG

Post by RickG »

I'd go with Banana Deck. Surly Cantina or a pizza from Cruz Bay pizza while you listen to the music on the beach at the Beach Bar. My girls are usually tired, wired and hungry when we arrive - a snack for the kids before dinner is key!

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
kirk

Post by kirk »

I have to say the Banana Deck also.
Here's a link to their website.
http://www.thebananadeck.com/
I love their ribeye's for dinner and the Big Deck Burger for lunch. the Mahi Sandwich is damn good also and this is coming from someone who doesn't eat fish.
Well all this talk about the B-Deck has got me hungry. looks like I'm on the 11 o'clock ferry. 8)
new york girl

St. John in 7 days...

Post by new york girl »

Banana Deck it is!!! This is why I love this forum!!! Everyone has such great opinions. Hope to see some of you at the Beach Bar. We are there July 26- Aug 2.

Shelli0001, we are staying in the Bay Vista section of the Westin. Hope to cross paths with you as well.
Amy
Mary L

Post by Mary L »

I love the Banana Deck and you could get this yummy dessert.