Ladies Week on St John

Travel discussion for St. John
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

Ok Betty - looks like I have a mission to accomplish! 8)
I am SO on it!
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Betty I sent you a PM.
I will need to talk to my Mom soon about possibly coming so I have some questions for you.
Don't worry everyone, she is a young 64 (too young to be my Mom). If we need an answer by Monday I need to get her a lot of information.
Thanks,
Terese
VaGirl

Post by VaGirl »

Okay, I have to admit I am on the list as a possible, but the more I read about it, the more I know I just need to be there! Another week in paradise, how can I pass this up?? Plus just the idea of getting to know more people who feel about STJ like I do...hard to put into words...maybe we need to spice it up and call it the "wild, wacky women's week"...sea-nile, please tell your mom to come, that would be wonderful. And CCasebolt, I find a trip like this to be so much fun...you would have a wonderful time!
RickG

Post by RickG »

The lurkers in my house (all women) are talking about this trip. Gus (my male dog)and I just look mopey and go for walk, pee on a couple of utility poles and cook for the females.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Rick are you peeing on the pole or is it Gus
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Sea-Nile,

I talked to a rental company about a couple of villas that would fit our needs and, I think, our budget. I have been conversing with Betty. If you have any questions for me just pm me. I'd love your input. I told Betty I'm not trying to take over her dream, I just love to do this kind of stuff and I have the time. She and I seem to be on the same page and are e-mailing ideas and questions back and forth, so join in on the fun.
Bluwater

Post by Bluwater »

Hi Ladies. I read mention of the budget. What is the budget?
Bluwater
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Hi Blu,

Betty and I were looking at a possible villa candidate that is 5750. for 8 people. I hate to talk dates and locations on this site, so feel free to pm me. She is the one that is collecting the head count, and she feels we will need a 5 bedroom. If we end up with less, obviously we can get by with 4.

We will need a couple of vehicles. Not planning on any expensive dinners. Cooking a few meals at the villa. She also suggested we don't have to stick together the entire week. Some may want a day sail and others may not. That sort of thing. I think the main idea is to hang out on the beach, laugh, drink, watch sunsets from the deck, and get to know each other.

It sounds like you are practically a local. Lucky you!!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

VaGirl wrote:...maybe we need to spice it up and call it the "wild, wacky women's week"!
How about the "Drunk Broke Girls Tour?" :lol:
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Hey,
Why don't you join us CG?
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Sorry, I can only afford one trip this year :( It sounds like you're going to have a blast though! 8)
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

CG,
The cost really isn't going to be that much if we share a room and we eat in. I figure that the hubby won't even know the total I spend because it will come in spurts. Fisrt the deposit, the airfare, then stash some money away :lol: , then the other deposits and it won't really be noticed. We may be able to do it for $1,500 to $2,000 a piece we figure.
It is worth it!
Maybe we will make this a yearly thing and you can join us next year!
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Maybe you could name it something like Womens island support group and get federal funding for it
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

waterguy wrote:Maybe you could name it something like Womens island support group and get federal funding for it
Good idea! I'll get working on that grant right away!
:)
VaGirl

Post by VaGirl »

waterguy wrote:Maybe you could name it something like Womens island support group and get federal funding for it
I really, really like this idea...after all, we are all taxpayers, and this trip is a health benefit...lord knows they waste money on enough things.