How crowded in March?

Travel discussion for St. John
b-as-u-r

How crowded in March?

Post by b-as-u-r »

I leave on Saturday (yeah), traveling with my teen daughter, teen niece and taking my mother along (could be a very interesting trip...lots of extended happy hours I'm sure). This will be my 4th trip to STJ, but my first without the hubby, first not staying at a private villa (staying at the Westin) and first one in March. Prior trips have been in May (2x), December and then an upcoming trip for the end of April. So, just how crowded does STJ get in March? Will I need to make dinner reservations, etc? Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Jorge, I will be glad to go without you - should I let you know when I'm ready to go??!!!!!!! ;)
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
RickG

Post by RickG »

mary beth wrote:Jorge, I will be glad to go without you - should I let you know when I'm ready to go??!!!!!!! ;)
MB, you can go without me tomorrow. But, when can you go with me?! I want floating designer martinis in the hot tub while I wear a wedding dress!
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
JC

Post by JC »

Ali~

We go every March...but have not been any other time of year. So, I can't make a comparison for you...yet! We are slated for July & October this year. I am also curious to see the differences between the seasons! Cruz Bay is typically hopping. I do recommend making dinner reservations if you prefer not to wait. We do a lot of Joe's BBQ/Banana Deck/Beach Bar/Woody's etc...we're not really the reservation crowd. If you are considering Zo-Zo's or something along those lines...a reservation would be a must!

I can tell you that the weather is incredible. Out of 21 days last March, we had one full morning of rain. Other than that...a few showers overnight. Tons of sunshine!!! Makes for great pictures!

We leave next Wednesday...perhaps we'll run into you at one of those extended happy hours!

Anticipatingly~
Jen
6 & Out 8)

"I didn't come here...and I ain't leavin'"
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

RickG wrote:
mary beth wrote:Jorge, I will be glad to go without you - should I let you know when I'm ready to go??!!!!!!! ;)
MB, you can go without me tomorrow. But, when can you go with me?! I want floating designer martinis in the hot tub while I wear a wedding dress!
RG, I will handle the "martinis" if you bring the Belgians and the coffee beans! See ya there! :)

MB
RickG

Post by RickG »

mary beth wrote:
RickG wrote:
RG, I will handle the "martinis" if you bring the Belgians and the coffee beans! See ya there! :)

MB
I roasted coffee this morning for my fix - 4 1/2 minutes from start to finish. No Belgians brewing this weekend, but 22 gallons of Frankonian Kellerbier will be working. Bill Madden and I are working on a ProAm entry for GABF.

Cheers, Rick
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Riccar

Post by Riccar »

We've always visited in March (8 years and counting) and it can get pretty busy down town. Since we've never been there any other time I have nothing to compare it with. All I know is it's worth the crowds! 4 days and counting...we leave on March 6!!!!!!!!!!!