Real Time WEather Report

Travel discussion for St. John
darkanddietwithlime

Real Time WEather Report

Post by darkanddietwithlime »

BLUE SKY!!!! AND SUNSHINE!!!!!

YAY!!! :D :D :D

Off to Maho and Tourist Trap for lunch today.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

I was happy to see that, this morning! So happy for all of you on the rock!
overman

Post by overman »

we might have to head over to your side, it's clouds, wind, and rain on friis bay...but it changes faster than new england weather.
darkanddietwithlime

well, those of you who are on-island may have asked yourselves 'what planet (island) is she on?'....we DID have blue skies and sunshine for about 15 minutes! then it turned cloudy again....we did go to Maho and sat out the sprinkles as long as we could until a huge black cloud started our way so we packed up and headed to the Tourist Trap for lunch. A couple of us were jonesing the meatballs but they weren't ready yet. One of the specials was a grouper soft taco....4 of the 5 had it and it was delicious! We started with an app of baby back ribs, also delicious. Great spot, friendly New England type people...we plan to head back on a Friday for steamahs! After lunch we drove over to the other side of Coral Bay to Sloop Jones. Very successful shopping trip. I got two tops, my friends each purchased some great things as well. Back home for pool time, nappy hour then happy hour. Just another beautiful day in Paradise! Oh I almost forgot. We had dinner last night at DaLivio, Italian restaurant around the corner from The Fish Trap. Highly recommend this spot. We started with two apps shared between the five of us. The antipasto platter: prosciutto, dried beef, soppressata (sp?), dried fig, parmesan cheese and truffle honey. The meats were so tender and delicious and a little chunk of cheese dunked in the truffly honey, 'nuff said! The other app was baby octopus in a tomato sauce....the baby octopus was melt in your mouth tender and the sauce very light and delicious. I had the lobster ravioli....delicious but not so much lobster :cry: 2 people had the bolognese with homemade pasta (all pasta is home made) it was as our friend said, 'lucious'; our other two friends had the spinach and ricotta ravioli and the sea bass. Everyone was happy. Maybe it was the three bottles of white wine :roll:
Has anyone been to: Lime Inn; The Fish Trap; Rhumblines; La Plancha? Our friends are leaving on Saturday and we are trying to decide where to have dinner Thursday night. We have been to La Tapa and would definitely go there again but thinking about trying something different. We have not been to Lime Inn or The Fish Trap in several years. Any opinions? Thanks in advance.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I love the lime innn my fav Richy the owner is great so are all the staff the mussle app. is to die for I've ordered 2 and had them for my main meal yum
Tom
darkanddietwithlime

thanks waterguy....I'm going to suggest we go there.
By The Way........Definitely blue sky and sunshine today!!
overman

Post by overman »

yesss.D&DW/L...SUNshine!...sunburn here we come.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:34 pm.