KC in 3 - D

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Bandit

KC in 3 - D

Post by Bandit »

Hope you all make it to the movies sometime this weekend!!! :lol:

Post your reviews afterwards. :D
michigancouple

Post by michigancouple »

My daughter and I went on the 21st. The movie was good. It had lots of concert footage from his tour last summer. After every 3 or 4 songs he would narrate a little on his life. He talked about where he grew up, how he prepares for concerts mentally, where he goes for the solitude he needs (guess??), how much he truly appreciates his fans and enjoys interacting with them prior to concerts. I think the hardest part during the movie was just sitting and watching instead of standing up and screaming and singing along like we have at the concerts. Our theatre was not full at all and everyone else was just sitting and watching. I could hear a few singing quietly to themselves, but nothing crazy. And considering I was with my daughter who is a huge KC fan I think we both wanted to jump and shout but contained ourselves instead. LOL

My conclusion would be this - seeing Kenny in 3D was cool and had some decent effects, but animation 3D (little kids movies) is better. However, if we can't get a concert fix in 2010, the movie was worth seeing.
Boston Mike

Post by Boston Mike »

We are going to see the movie today. Yes, we will be tailgating in full force at the cinema...oh boy, what a scene this is going to be.
Life begins where the land ends!
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

Well Bandit, I went to see KC in 3D yesterday, and came away with mixed feelings. I was one of about 40 very subdued people watching the movie. There was no tailgating, no drinking Corona, and no standing up singing along with Kenny as loud as you can, mainly because we all know the songs, and can identify with them.

That was just all kinds od wrong. That was the first (modern) 3D movie I have seen, and it was very impressive! The visuals were wonderful, the sound was fantastic, and I, personally, enjoyed every minute of it....but there was still something lacking. Mainly, being there in person!

When I pre-bought the tickets when they first came out, I was not expecting a movie. I was, rather, expecting some live performance from somewhere (like Vegas) sort of like they do with the Metroplitan Operas now, broadcast them live into theaters near you.

I might have hesitated to spend that kind of money (and yes, the tickets were on the expensive side) on a movie. I can't help but feel the price of the tickets was mostly responsible for the low turn out of folks. I was one of the people singing along with Kenny, probably getting on the other folks nerves that were sitting close to me, but, hey.....that's what you do at a KC concert.

Bottom line....I hope Kenny decides to go back on the road next year, and I'll spend the big bucks to go see him live....in person! Oh, BTW, this would make a nice DVD for my library at home!

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

Bandit

Post by Bandit »

Just an FYI, there is a concert in Las Vegas July 2nd at the Hard Rock. See you there!
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

I tried to get tickets to the Vegas show....no luck. Sold out in very short order. Say, Bandit, if you have any connections, please hook me up! I'll be there in a minute! I need two tickets please.

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

ScubaGirl

Post by ScubaGirl »

I have tickets for Friday May 14th.....Can't wait!! It's a long way to go, but worth it!!