Shameless Self Promo!!

Travel discussion for St. John
CariBert

Shameless Self Promo!!

Post by CariBert »

For all fellow Parrot Heads out there, if you listen to Margaritaville Radio, either on Sirius/XM or on the internet at Margaritaville.com, listen for ME, the guest host (Fruitcake on the radio)! Yes, I am a guest host and have a 4 song set that I introduce, and it is being aired 4 times. Actually 3 more times, the first one was last night at 11:00pm ET.

It will be aired again tomorrow (Friday April 30) at 9:00am ET, and then again on Sunday (May 2) at 3:00pm ET and once more on Monday (May 3) at 9:00pm ET. It was a lot of fun doing it, and you too can be a guest host on Margaritaville Radio. Listen to my segment, and I’ll tell you how.

I will be at the JB concert May 22, and so will a couple of others from the Dallas area. Rpplano, I have some info for you I’ll send in a pm….I sent it to Laurafranks already.

Please excuse the shameless self promo, but I thought it was fun and you all might enjoy listening!

Later, and Fins Up!

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

Cool. What was your 4-song set?
augie

Post by augie »

That's way cool!

I've thought about trying to do that, maybe your spot will inspire me to do something about it.

Will be checking it out on Sunday!
Come see us!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

FUN! They do this on the Bruce channel as well...guest DJ.
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

GraysonDave wrote:Cool. What was your 4-song set?
They asked me to pick 4 of my favorite JB songs, so I picked "Thank God the Tiki Bar is Open", "Margaritaville", "Rhumba Man", and "I Will Play for Gumbo". I told them I would play for Land Shark Beer as well.... :lol: :lol:

It was kinda tough picking out just 4...

MB...you gonna be on the Bruce channel?

-Bert

djmom

Post by djmom »

That is really cool, wish I had Sirius. But might pull out a few of my husband's old albums to listen to the ones I don't recognize. Probably just don't know the name of the songs.

That's not self promotion-that's fun!
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

djmom wrote:That is really cool, wish I had Sirius. But might pull out a few of my husband's old albums to listen to the ones I don't recognize. Probably just don't know the name of the songs.

That's not self promotion-that's fun!
You can listen to Margaritaville Radio for free on Margaritaville.com, you don't need Sirius/XM for that. They also broadcast all of the concerts live on Margaritaville Radio. Listen for us on May 22 from Frisco, Texas! I'm gonna try to be on Kirsten's show.

-Bert

rpplano

Post by rpplano »

[quote="mbw1024"]FUN! They do this on the Bruce channel as well...guest DJ.[/quote]

Who's Bruce? :wink:
Shellseeker

Post by Shellseeker »

[quote]
I believe she was referring to The Boss a.k.a. Bruce Springsteen
rpplano

Post by rpplano »

Shellseeker, you missed the wink. I followed "The Boss" in the 80's. I just can't resist tweaking anyone from NJ. They are as proud of Springsteen as Texans are of Willie. All good fun.
Shellseeker

Post by Shellseeker »

Right you are, Texas...totally missed the wink! :oops: I'm not from NJ, but like many of you have been a fan of Bruce's since '74.
Bert, congrats on your being the guest host on Margaritaville Radio - how cool is that!
GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

Bump to remind people to listen. www.radiomargaritaville.com
elisa_nj

Post by elisa_nj »

rpplano wrote:Shellseeker, you missed the wink. I followed "The Boss" in the 80's. I just can't resist tweaking anyone from NJ. They are as proud of Springsteen as Texans are of Willie. All good fun.
and Long Islanders are with Billy Joel!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

rpplano wrote:[quote="mbw1024"]FUN! They do this on the Bruce channel as well...guest DJ.

Who's Bruce? :wink:[/quote][/quote]

HA I missed this all together! Yes he is one of those that only needs one name :)
And no I will not be guest DJ any time soon.

Carry on ;)
FinsUp

Post by FinsUp »

CariBert,

Sounds like fun. Huge JB fan(moreso in my younger days when I could keep up with everyone at the concerts!! Once you take a break, you can't quite tailgate like you use to ...Fins Up :D