Flyers or Blackhawks?

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Jorge

Flyers or Blackhawks?

Post by Jorge »

Who are you pulling for?
Go Philly
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
loria

Post by loria »

SO glad the Hawks pulled this out!!!!!!! when philly scored in the last mintues of the 3rd i thought for sure we are looking at a game 7--and i was too depressed to stay awake--stupid me!!!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
DaveS007

Post by DaveS007 »

It was a heck of a series. Blackhawks were the better team, barely.
Connie

Post by Connie »

Congratulations !! This is coming from a Flyers fan :o
loria

Post by loria »

Connie wrote:Congratulations !! This is coming from a Flyers fan :o
very decent connie--it was a great series.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

happy with result.
lots of very happy people here...
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

We watched all the games at our neighbor's house, and at the final we could hear the whole neighborhood celebrating. It was soooooo cool! I'm a Niemi fan... We loved hearing this: "Niemi says NO!"

Big celebration in the city today -- many of my co-workers are going. I have the coolest boss; he told people to take time off and celebrate.

I'll be here with a different celebration -- 5th grade graduation for my DS. But speaking of the Hawks and 11 y.o. boys -- DS is playing in a Battle of the Bands at a local street fest with 4 of his 11 y.o. buddies, and they're playing the Chelsea Dagger tune as their finale. I'm sure they'll be the youngest playing at this street fest, and I can't wait to hear them play the tune and see people go nuts!
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

As the fifth graders filed into the gym / auditorium for the graduation ceremony this morning, Chelsea Dagger played loud on the sound system. It was great! Very fun way to kick off a happy celebration.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PLMrj_EXvpg&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PLMrj_EXvpg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Let's face it, honestly.-
With a few lucky bounces of the puck, the Flyers very well could have won this series earlier than any game 6 scenario.
I know- they didn't. Yes, they lost.
These guys did what noone in the country expected, including bettering themselves compared to the #1 top seeded San Jose Sharks.
They bit down, and showed up to work.
They made us Philly fans proud, ( especially beating NJ,Montreal, and Boston), and NOBODY can take that away from this team.
I never realized what the term "Bitter-Sweet" meant.
I'm 40, and I'm SO proud of our guys.
This run was definately one for the ages.
I hope history doesn't forget what this team did not only for themselves, but for a city and Flyers fans everywhere, as well.
Chicago won, and I'm OK with it.
( :cry: )
Not really...
The Blackhawks haven't won a Stanley cup since 1961, and their fans are as happy as I am proud of my Flyers.
Been a fan since I was 5 years old.
Thanks guys, for this outlet.
Smiles-
MJ
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Hey Jim,

Just wanted to say that in the small crowd I watched the game with, we all have a lot of respect for the Philly team and how well they played. And while we might not be Pronger fans, we respect the skill level of all the players.

There was some really good hockey played throughout those 6 games -- fun to watch!
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Thanks, Bro.
As I said, one for the ages...
Smiles-
Jimmy
dejavu

Post by dejavu »

A few lucky bounces?
With all due respect I disagree- 5 years ago the Blackhawks were the worst franchise in sports. They fought for every victory the got. Chicago won a hard series, lets not diminish their victory. If I was a Flyers fan I would be disappointed too but if the outcome was reversed I doubt your reaction would be that Philly won on a few lucky bounces.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Perhaps you're not getting my drift;-
Not for nothing, whatever that saying is supposed to mean, the Flyers missed the net more than half a dozen times, due to a few UNLUCKY bounces.
True- your Blackhawks were incredible. At any given time it seemed as if there was 10 of them on the ice at once.
They were an unbelievably fast, swarming entity.
It was truly incredible to watch.
I AM, however, more than allowed to be proud of my team. I would've LOVED a different outcome, given to us by any means!
Just didn't happen.
Chicago was everywhere.
How can you be defensive? You won, no?
SMILES!!!
MJ

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:21 pm.