Upcoming fish fry/ benefit suppers w/ local food?

Travel discussion for St. John
lv2fish

Upcoming fish fry/ benefit suppers w/ local food?

Post by lv2fish »

Hi all,
We're arriving this Wednesday 7/ 21 through 29th. Is anyone aware of any upcoming or reguarly scheduled weekend fish fry or benfit/ fund raisinfg suppers on STJ?

Very excited to finally be able to enjoy or newly purchased condo at Serendip in Cruz Bay - 1st use since settlemnt in April, really need this respite since just losing my Mom a few weeks ago.

Thaks very much for any tips.
Take Care & Have a blessed day.
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

wow- I am so sorry about the loss of your Mom. No better place to be after something like than then where you're going. Congrats on the new condo! Can't help you with the fish fry or benefit suppers, but we'll be getting there right behind you- leave some sunshine for us :D Sending prayers for your family.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Can't help with the local info, but wanted to send my condolensces on the loss of your mom. We are never old enough to not need our moms, and I'm so sorry....
di

Post by di »

I also do not know of any local events,but I wanted to express my sorrow for your loss. I too lost my Mom a few months ago to a long battle with cancer. I spent many hours and days on the road, and often dreamed of a happier time when all of the treatment would be over and I could show her why we all love St. John so much! I have not posted much in the last year, but lurked a little every day. The joy and happiness of our traveling friends kept me going during tough days! I keep trying to convince my husband that a fall trip to St. John would be a good thing:)

I am so happy that you will have the chance to get away to our happy place. I know that the sights, sounds, and emotions of St. John will be healing to you. I am sure you will think of your mother often as you gaze out at the beautiful water and views. I hope that this trip will be a time to reflect on the past and celebrate your future with your good fortune of purchasing a little piece of paradise. Peace and happiness to you on this upcoming trip.