I might be ashamed of myself

Travel discussion for St. John
pipanale

I might be ashamed of myself

Post by pipanale »

It's Monday. Wheels up in 5 days.

The guest room that's just off my office is loaded with crap. I swore to myself that I wouldn't pack a week ahead of time and would really do this trip low-key. then...I was bored yesterday so I grabbed the official packing list and started grabbing clothes for everyone.

Well...it's low key compared to earlier trips, but I still have 2 clothes baskets sitting on the bed. The small suitcase is jammed with items destined for the cooler.

My backpack is already gaining weight. the cameras are ready to have their cards cleared. Gizmos and gadgets are in various states of chargedness.

in other words, I'm the dork I hoped not to me.

On a positive note, I have never gone away for a week and planned on bringing so little clothes. I've finally accepted that all I'm gonna do is wear the same shirt, same bathing suit and same hat all week. Why bring extra crap?
Last edited by pipanale on Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

excited much? ;)
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

I don't like you and I don't like your ticker. ;-)

As for the packing, well, we are twinsies.
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

you are still over packed skip the hat @ shirt or is that skip the bathing suit and wear hat and shirt I can never remember :shock:
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

Actually...I'm not that excited yet. Sure, I want to go, but there's a lot of week between now and then.

Plus, we need to get the baby and all her BSE (Baby Support Equipment) to my parents' house on Friday. That should be fun...then there's work...

I still have to do "It's not gonna fit". That happens every vacation (regardless of destination). Then, my wife comes down here and packs everything while I stomp around and swear.

Really...why the hell do I bother?
bevm

Post by bevm »

Really Rob....just sit on your flabby ass and let the wife handle it....Your job is to cook and serve everyone when you get there, remember?
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

You should be ashamed for misspelling ashamed :)
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I'm trying to figure out how to pack 14 days worth into a carry on I feel your pain
Tom
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Packing at our house:

Each trip, Husband is all "I am doing carry-on....See, I fit everything in the little suitcase...Oh, by the way, I have a few (read:giant mountain of clothing) things that need to go in your bag." Not.

This is the point where I open the (first) bottle of wine and get to work.

I love planning, I hate packing.
bevm

Post by bevm »

@ Anthony....LMAO! We need spell check on this forum.
Coden

Post by Coden »

waterguy wrote:I'm trying to figure out how to pack 14 days worth into a carry on I feel your pain
Ha! I'm trying to figure out the same thing for our upcoming 14 day cruise. I have my Excel, color-coded, spreadsheet started! :lol:
Coden
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Just open a bottle of wine and pack. Then do not look at it again until you get on island.
You will have all your electronics, 1 bathing suit, an evening gown, and a sequined thong (don't ask me how I know that)...but you will be on STJ and it won't matter anyway. :lol:
Kealani

Post by Kealani »

Don't beat yourself up Pip- We are wheels up in 5 days too!!! I have been making a packing list for a week ! Hubby has been assigned the snorkel gear as carry on. I am going to get our clothes in a carry on- I figure he only needs a bathing suit, shirt, and a pair of shorts :lol: -hope to see you at the bb
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

PIP: what I wouldn't give just to have my husband HELP with packing. Heck I would be happy if he would even THINK about packing. He literally shows up and after putting gas in the car saying "are you ready" "are you ready "are you ready "are you ready" "are you ready" "are you ready" "are you ready"

I bite my lip, after all we are going on vacation so STFU xoxo, but it really gets on my nerves! Good Lord, I would be ready too if I didn't have to do anything besides show up with gas in the car!!

Then when we get there I, again, bite my lip when he asks me if I packed this and that. He always compliments me on how organized I am so I guess that is something. All this biting my lips I am either going to end up with no lips or swollen lips--which are very in so I am hoping for that!

Anyway, PIP, don't be ashamed. I am quite jealous!!

xoxo
bevm

Post by bevm »

Xislandgirl wrote:Just open a bottle of wine and pack. Then do not look at it again until you get on island.
You will have all your electronics, 1 bathing suit, an evening gown, and a sequined thong (don't ask me how I know that)...but you will be on STJ and it won't matter anyway. :lol:
LMAO X!