Beach front rooms at the Westin

Travel discussion for St. John
LB

Beach front rooms at the Westin

Post by LB »

I wondered if anybody has stayed at the beach front rooms at the Westin, and if they were noisy buggy, or not the pick they thought it would be. I could change that at this point. Looking forward to St John next week.
Thanks in advance
LB
GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

I have stayed at the Westin, but not beachfront. I don't see any reason they should noisy, and you are right on the beach. Should be a nice view. Your location should be far better than the non-beachfront room we were in.

Enjoy!
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

We have stayed in all kinds of rooms and villas at the Westin, including beach front. Never noticed them to be noisy or buggier than any of the others. Is VERY quiet down by the pool/beach after sundown. Great view- I would definitely go for a beach front room as opposed to non-beach front, all other being things the same. We are here on out last night in a Bay vista villa and have loved it. Enjoy your trip!
TropicAtHeart

Post by TropicAtHeart »

The only noise issues would be from noisy neighbors. All it takes is a drunk next to your room or a bunch of kids. But, that's the chance you take anywhere. Booked my parents in a beachfront last year and they enjoyed the view, but did have some issues with bad neighbors until management got involved.

Note: the beachfront rooms are generally a little smaller than some of the other rooms. Beachfront and pool view rooms are 370 sq. ft. while the garden/ocean view rooms are 440 sq. ft.
djmom

Post by djmom »

Find out if you have outside access, meaning a patio or balcony. We were once in an upstairs beachfront room and it didn't have that, just a window.

If I didn't have a patio or balcony I would choose a garden room poolside, with a patio.

The rooms at the Westin are fine, but not really the type you will probably want to hang out in for a long time. A patio makes it much better, and a place to hang your wet stuff and people-watch.
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

ditto djmom! I forgot about that, but some friends had one of those rooms once. I agree- much better to have an outside space. Make sure you get your patio/balcony! The rooms with the windows only are on the ends of the buildings, I believe.