Buying Tag Heuer watch on STT?

Travel discussion for St. John
gores95

Buying Tag Heuer watch on STT?

Post by gores95 »

I know Charoltte Amalie is supposed to have good jewelry deals...has anyone ever priced a Tag Heuer watch....I am just wondering if they are that much cheaper than online or in the US and if they are truly authorzied Tag dealers.

Thanks.[/code]
Marc

CariBert

Post by CariBert »

I hate to tell you, but this June I "glanced" at the Tags when I went to STT for the day, and when I came out of shock, I realized I could stay another week in the villa on St. John for that price. Sorry, they are a little out of my price range for me to seriously consider purchasing one. I only wish I could afford a Tag! Maybe with the right 6 numbers.......

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

gores95

Post by gores95 »

CariBert wrote:I hate to tell you, but this June I "glanced" at the Tags when I went to STT for the day, and when I came out of shock, I realized I could stay another week in the villa on St. John for that price. Sorry, they are a little out of my price range for me to seriously consider purchasing one. I only wish I could afford a Tag! Maybe with the right 6 numbers.......

-Bert
Believe me the Tags I am looking at are considered their "low end"...around $1K or so. I have never had a really nice watch and would love a new Tag...for the right price of course! ;)
Marc

Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

My husband bought a Breitling in STJ 4 years ago. I can not remember the name of the store, it used to be Columbian Emeralds way back when, in Mongoose Junction.

He knew the watch he wanted and what he wanted to pay. I think that is the key, doing your homework ahead of time.
Kealani

Post by Kealani »

We came home with 2 Tags from our recent trip. This really blew the budget!! Jewels in mongoose is a dealer. We were well aware of the pricing back here at home and online. Our saving was small but it was our 10 year anniversary. Now we have matching tags- yes we are queer like that. Anyway I digress- They did have really great deals on some Britlings ( I had priced both brands) Bottom line is you need to know your priceing before you go. My personal 2 cents, I would be careful buying online and didn't think that STT could offer enough savings to justify a trip off STJ. Good Luck
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

My husband nearly bought a watch on STT in June at AH Rise (sp?) but then decided to wait until we got home.

The price we paid at home was cheaper than the best deal offered on STT.

Maybe there are deals to be had but that wasn't our experience.
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

Price your watch in the US at several places and then email Jewels or another VI retailer to see what their price is. We found that we could purchase my husband's Breitling watch at a significant discount there. Jewels was able to offer a significant discount on the watch itself, which no US retailers could do and there was no tax. It saved thousands.
Chet

Post by Chet »

I priced the Tag Ti5, then got a good deal in STJ. Do it.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

I priced TAGS for a co-worker when I was on a trip a couple of years back.

Turns out that the prices on line were cheaper than STT. When I asked the jewelers about this, they said that on line places were not "authorized" dealers and therefore TAG wouldn't cover them if something went wrong.

Like others have said, you have to do your homework in advance and knwo what the going price is.

At the end of the day, even if they are the same price and you only save the cost of the taxes you would pay in the US, you still come out ahead.

It never hurts to bargain...
*Another fine scatterbrained production