Casa Bueno

Travel discussion for St. John
nancyr84

Casa Bueno

Post by nancyr84 »

We have Casa Bueno reserved for next June and would like to hear from anyone that has stayed there lately. Is the pool nice and warm , heard its heated. And anything else you could add. It looks like a gorgeous house. Love those up high views.
Nancy[/i]
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

We haven't stayed at Casa Bueno but the owners took us through the house in May when were on STJ. The house is really great. They had just put the solar heating system in and they were pretty impressed with how warm the pool was. We wanted to stay there next May but be the time we set our dates the house was already booked for 10 or our 14 days.

The itself and the location is perfect. I know you'll love it.
hockeymom

Post by hockeymom »

we stayed last August - I posted a review - look under 8/2009. It was wonderful. We stayed before the new owners. I think the house is perfect - perfect location/view/breeze.
lprof

Post by lprof »

You have most likely seen my reviews and posts in other Casa Bueno threads. My husband and I had a great stay there last fall and hope to return....

There is a Facebook fan page (Casa Bueno: STJ) with pics of the queen bedroom and of the new outdoor table.

A VIOL forum member who stayed there in June commented that the pool was very warm with the new heating arrangement. Her only complaint was that a rooster often awakened them. :lol: I understand, from the owner, that some Marines were to be at the villa recently and that they had been given the task of rooster removal!

Enjoy your vacation!!
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Captain Jack

Casa Bueno

Post by Captain Jack »

Gigi and I have just booked it for December 15th. We drove up to it in July, but unfortunately the people renting were not out yet. The views are spectular and the house looks great. Can give you more details in December, but that might be too late for you.
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

oops

Post by Captain Jack »

miss-read your post, we will send pictures and information while we are there if you want
CJ
petepie

Post by petepie »

How is the drive up to Casa Bueno? And is there an on-island management company? Are all bookings done directly through the owner?
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

The drive is very easy and 4 wheel drive is not needed. We were there in June and the pool was 94 degrees until later in the week when the rains came. That cooled it down quite a bit, but as long as the sun is out, it's very warm. Mark is the on island manager, and he seemed to always be available. The view is awesome. The roosters are a PITA at 5:00 a.m., but it's a great villa in a great location.
petepie

Post by petepie »

Thanks cypressgirl!!