Name of shop????

Travel discussion for St. John
Carol

Name of shop????

Post by Carol »

Does anyone know the name of a shop located in Mongoose Junction that has hand painted clothes...looking for sunsuit & hat for a baby. Bought some things there a few years ago but the name has slipped my mind...along with many other things!!!!
Thanks for the help.
Carol
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

I think this is it. THE CLOTHING STUDIO - At the Caribbean's oldest hand painted clothing studio (in operation since 1978), you can watch talented artists create original designs on fine tropical clothing.
340 776-6585

I googled mongoose junction shops and got a whole list.
Jerseyboy

Post by Jerseyboy »

I think it's the Clothing Studio located on ground level on left side of Mongoose. It's kind of near the bathrooms where you use the key with the big ring on it if I recall. That's where I sit while wife shops esp. at Caravan Gallery upstairs.
Carol

Post by Carol »

Flip flop thanks alot, that's the place. I'll have to give them a call even though I would soooo love to drop in and do the shopping in person!
Carol
MarianneS

store name

Post by MarianneS »

The Clothing Studio is no longer there, at least it wasn't in January. A new business, somewhat similar, whose name escapes me has taken its place
MarianneS

store name

Post by MarianneS »

The Clothing Studio is no longer there, at least it wasn't in January. A new business, somewhat similar, whose name escapes me has taken its place
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

Jerseyboy wrote:I think it's the Clothing Studio located on ground level on left side of Mongoose. It's kind of near the bathrooms where you use the key with the big ring on it if I recall. That's where I sit while wife shops esp. at Caravan Gallery upstairs.
Take heart JerseyBoy! You can sit it The Taproom right across from the Caravan now... :D
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

Just noticed on News of St John an article about Sloop Jones who has a whole host of items which are hand painted. Interesting apparel.
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

Maybe Pia or Ruth can shed some light on this one. Last spring when we were there the space where the Clothing Studio had been was being renovated. I didn't ask if they had moved somewhere else or what the deal was. There's also a place by the Lime Inn (across from the Pink Papaya) is it Deborah's Designs that hand paints bathing suits and other clothing items for children and adults. I found an email address deborahdesigns@aol.com in an old STJ Guide Book so I don't know if that's still a good address.