2010 VIOL ORNAMENT EXCHANGE

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
California Girl

2010 VIOL ORNAMENT EXCHANGE

Post by California Girl »

I know it seems early, but it's time to get the annual Forum Christmas Ornament Exchange going again!

I have just sent an e-mail to everyone who is already on the list from previous years. If you received that e-mail you DO NOT NEED TO SIGN UP AGAIN. Only let me know if you want to be TAKEN OFF. :D

I know we have a lot of new Forum members who may want to join in the fun this year so here's what you need to do...

... and you will be added to the list. We will all determine a "draw date" which is when Elfster will choose a name for you to send an ornament to, and send you an e-mail telling you who "your person" is.

Between us, we can decide on a cut-off date for signing up, and a cut-off date for sending your ornament. Right now I have designated both of those dates as Dec. 10th, but we can change them.

We usually keep the cost about $10, I believe, and you need to send a TROPICAL THEMED ornament.

I think that’s about it. Let me know if you have any questions!
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

How FUN! I'm joining!
California Girl

Excellent! :D
samoka

Post by samoka »

This sounds like fun - I am going to Cancun next month and should be able to get a great "troppicla ornament" - thanks for doing this
FinsUp

Post by FinsUp »

Sounds like fun, I think I'm in :D
djmom

Post by djmom »

Really excited again! I guess if I had my two cents I would like to have the option to send the ornament a little earlier. I guess that would mean that the sign up cutoff would be sooner.?

I would think people would know if they were going to participate before Thanksgiving maybe?

This would also allow us to choose something personal if we happen to know the recipient well enough.

But I'm flexible and appreciate you planning it Margo!
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
California Girl

I think Thanksgiving is a good cut-off date! Anyone else have an opinion? :D
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Sounds like fun! Thanks, Margo, for coordinating :)
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

Thanksgiving sounds good to me!
California Girl

Ok, Thanksgiving sounds like a good cut-off date for signing up, and I can set up Elfster to draw names that night! That'll work out well because the next day is Black Friday and you'll have all weekend to shop, shop, shop! :D

Does everyone agree?
djmom

Post by djmom »

yes!
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Sounds great - and thank so much for organizing this again! I'll be in St. John next Friday - just in time to pick out an ornament!!
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

California Girl wrote:Ok, Thanksgiving sounds like a good cut-off date for signing up, and I can set up Elfster to draw names that night! That'll work out well because the next day is Black Friday and you'll have all weekend to shop, shop, shop! :D

Does everyone agree?
That's great for me! I'll be on St. John at that time and will be able to shop for the ornament there! :D
Image[/url]
California Girl

By now, if you are already registered, you should have received an Elfster e-mail with the new cut-off date.

New cut-off date for answering your invitation or joining the exchange is NOVEMBER 25th (Thanksgiving). Names will be drawn that night.

Happy shopping! :D
California Girl

Tracy & kygirl, I think I know of a place right next to the ferry dock and up some steps that say you can't sit on them, that carries the cutest island Christmas ornaments! :wink: