2010 VIOL ORNAMENT EXCHANGE

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
VaGirl

Post by VaGirl »

I never got mine, either, but that's ok....hope you all had a wonderful holiday!! Happy New Year, too! :D
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

samoka wrote:I never got my ornament :( - maybe next year :)
I know the person who drew your name and I'll contact her. She's great and wouldn't diss you, it must be lost in the mail. :(
California Girl

VaGirl wrote:I never got mine, either, but that's ok....hope you all had a wonderful holiday!! Happy New Year, too! :D
Susan, yours may still arrive, I know that CanuckNYC mailed it! Hope springs eternal! :D
canucknyc

Post by canucknyc »

VaGirl wrote:I never got mine, either, but that's ok....hope you all had a wonderful holiday!! Happy New Year, too! :D
VaGirl, I mailed it the first of December! I know US Customs was holding packages longer than usual, but this is ridiculous! Let me know if it shows up. If it makes you feel better, I never got mine either :)
California Girl

canucknyc wrote: VaGirl, I mailed it the first of December! I know US Customs was holding packages longer than usual, but this is ridiculous! Let me know if it shows up. If it makes you feel better, I never got mine either :)
I can't find her post now, but I remember lavender "outing" herself as your elf. And she said she mailed it. Maybe they're BOTH stuck at the border going each way! Ugh!
lavender

Post by lavender »

Canucknyc - oh dear - now I am REALLY ticked at USPS - I have had so many bizarre things happen this year with my mailings - including your ornament not arriving yet!!! I HOPE it has arrived by now - and am now worried about where it is if it hasn't arrived! I mailed it Sat the 18th and everything else I mailed that day has arrived (although some in crappy condition) - please let me know if you got it yet and belated Happy Holidays!!!!
California Girl

With the exception of CanuckNYC and VA Girl, I think everyone but Rosi got their ornament.

It appears that a lurker joined the ornament exchange and has not followed-through. She got her ornament, but I doubt that Rosi will ever see hers.

I don't have a problem with lurkers joining the exchange, but if you are going to accept an ornament from a registered user, then have the common decency to send one to the person who was chosen for you.

It seems this person has a myriad of health issues, which she says are keeping her from buying and sending an ornament and I'm very sorry for that, but as I said at the beginning of this exchange, if you're "in" be IN!! It's just plain NOT FAIR!

And if you ARE a lurker who joins a forum event, please don't lie and say you "forgot" your forum name.

Rant over!
Last edited by California Girl on Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VaGirl

Post by VaGirl »

canucknyc wrote:
VaGirl, I mailed it the first of December! I know US Customs was holding packages longer than usual, but this is ridiculous! Let me know if it shows up. If it makes you feel better, I never got mine either :)
Canucknyc, no problem! What a great New Year's treat when it arrives...thank you for being my Elf...(Customs probably has MY ornament on their tree!!) :D
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Send me Rosi's address - I'd be happy to send her a little ornament to start off the new year right.
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
California Girl

Awww... Tracy, you are a sweetie! :D
FinsUp

Post by FinsUp »

I'd be happy to send an ornament as well if you send me Rosi's address... I would be so disappointed :(
Iluvstjohn

Post by Iluvstjohn »

California girl? Was the lurker the one that I had? ha ha? The mystery address?
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Rosi's ornament has been purchased and will be mailed today. Happy New Year everyone!
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
California Girl

Iluvstjohn wrote:California girl? Was the lurker the one that I had? ha ha? The mystery address?
Yup! That one person put me to a LOT of trouble, but everyone else in the exchange was awesome!! :D
Iluvstjohn

Post by Iluvstjohn »

No way! I was totally joking! Funny!