Surfing Video - "The Wedge" - Aug. 25, 2010

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
California Girl

Surfing Video - "The Wedge" - Aug. 25, 2010

Post by California Girl »

From a friend of mine:
"Last big Wedge swell of the summer. Years ago no one attempted to ride stand up boards there as it was primarily for the body boards and the boogers. Still takes some real clankers to not just paddle out but to take off."

To me, it looks like a fun ride, ending in a blender! :shock: But there are some awesome rides! 8)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/evy8wjdNASI?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/evy8wjdNASI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

That is amazing. Big waves scare me. I am feel the salt water in my nose right now!
Chet

Post by Chet »

OMG - I want those waves!
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I was hoping you'd see this Chet! Have you ever surfed the wedge?
Chet

Post by Chet »

California Girl wrote:I was hoping you'd see this Chet! Have you ever surfed the wedge?
Nope. I'd give my left one to play in those huge drop-and-drown waves. The best we get is hurricane swell at 1 x OH rolling into a nearby jetty. I have a quiver of 60's belly boards from Newport and Solona beach. Those boards need to get back to their roots...

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:57 am.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]