For those who don't believe in miracles, listen up

Travel discussion for St. John
Bill in Va

For those who don't believe in miracles, listen up

Post by Bill in Va »

Yo troops....at ease. As was reported on most major networks, yours truely and his wifemate were not going to visit this year due to new girl grandbaby. She and her big 5 1/2 year old brother live in Santa Cruz. Thats about as far away as they can get from Va and still be in the lower 48. Sandie went out in May when she was born and I got to meet her in July and we just returned from Cal two weeks ago so we have had our fix satisfied. The original plan was to go for Christmas. Can we say skyhigh airfare and an overload of grandparents,aunts etc. But I digress. This past Sunday we were having a meeting at a local winery and guess who steps through the door. DC Photo and her husband. Had not seen them since last year on St John. We chatted and met there new dog. Told them we were a no go and then as my Sandie was walking away I begged Sandy and Mel,Mrs and Mr DC Photo, to see if they could take a stab at changing her mind. I did not hear what was said but two days later as we were driving she says..."now don't get excited but see if you can get us a good deal to St John." I almost wet myself. Well that certainly changed the boy's outlook.It seems that Mel is the closer of the century. So a hunting we did go for airfare, lodging , car etc. All is about finished except the villa. But we will find one with the help of Donald Schnell and his trusty sidekick Eric...Please inform the Beach Bar to ramp up Pain Killer stock piles...God bless..Bill
You are never too old to have a happy childhood...
loria

Post by loria »

great news for you! when are you going?
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

very cool. enjoy!
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

mbw1024 wrote:very cool. enjoy!
it is very cool, I wonder if the same miracle could happen somewhere else :roll:
Kealani

Post by Kealani »

You are lucky -let the the painkillers flow :D
DCphoto

Post by DCphoto »

Last Sunday we decided to take a ride out in the Country a little bit and visit a Winery we have not been to yet. I can't believe we run into Bill and Sandie. It was a lot of fun seeing them, since they missed the Forum Party the night before. Glad Sandie decided to come to St. John this year. We are looking forward to seeing them soon.

California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Great picture of you two! I'm thrilled for you! There's just something about having a trip planned that gives you a good outlook through the rest of the junk you have to suffer through in life! :roll: LOL!
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

I love miracles!! Good for you and what a neat thing to meet up unexpectedly like that!! Have fun with the rest of your planning.
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
vi lover

Post by vi lover »

Great Story - with an awesome ending!!!
Bill in Va

Our trip

Post by Bill in Va »

Yo....We arrive on the 27th of Nov and are forced to leave on the 8th of Dec at gun point.....Thank you Sandy for a great pic of my bride and me and for making the deal go through....Mel you are the MAN ...God bless..Bill
You are never too old to have a happy childhood...
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

What a great story- and congrats on the trip- yay!!!!
toni

Post by toni »

What fun to meet up with people unexpectedly-congrats on getting your trip back :D
Xislandgirl

Re: Our trip

Post by Xislandgirl »

Bill in Va wrote:Yo....We arrive on the 27th of Nov and are forced to leave on the 8th of Dec at gun point.....Thank you Sandy for a great pic of my bride and me and for making the deal go through....Mel you are the MAN ...God bless..Bill
Hope we will get to see you! We are on island 12/2 - 12/7!