drunk bay

Travel discussion for St. John
wontongirl

drunk bay

Post by wontongirl »

How far of a hike is it to drunk bay from Salt Pond? Where do you go? Is the beach rocky at salt pond? I think I may have been there but cant remember. If I was , I remember it being a ways from where I parked and that it was very rocky. HELP!
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

Salt Pond is down a rocky trail. It's on a curve in the road well past Miss Lucy's. To get to Drunk Bay you walk to the end of the Salt Pond beach (which is a bit rocky, I think) and walk on the path to the left. Go about 5 minutes, walking around the pond, and you'll come out at Drunk. It is very rocky so bring good shoes or sneakers. It is fabulous. You'll see rock sculptures and an amazing view. ENJOY!!!
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Salt Pond is kind of rocky--the beach is pretty sandy but getting in the water is a little rocky--not too bad, but a little bit. If you went there, you will remember parking at the top of a trail and then hiking down a wide rocky dirt path to the beach. The path doesn't get any shade so coming back up is kind of a pain.

The trail to Drunk Bay is marked. Just go to the far end of Salt Pond and head out. I would guess it is a 10-15 minute walk.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
wontongirl

Post by wontongirl »

Thaks guys- look forward to going there!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

thought this was refering to any body of water where the DBFT was going to be! :)

Hey Tam, did you see that the Bongo is available after all in May?
wontongirl

Post by wontongirl »

Marybeth
I didn't see that it was available but I need more bedrooms now anyway (5 people). Have you got Charlie talked in to renting it in May so you can come hang out with us? We were really wanting it for the first week of November. The Saturday after Thanksgiving is really not optimal for us, but better than nothing. I think your Villa Capiz really looks awesome. I am going to try that next time. I promise not to get your week though.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Sure, always stealing my places! :)
I might let you look around Capiz if you are nice!
Too bad we don't have the same travel days. we could have hooked up for the private taxi!

Would love to scoop up that week in May but no can do. No money no time! Isn't that always the way?
Jerseyboy

Post by Jerseyboy »

Salt Pond is indeed a little rocky to get in. Some may want to wear water shoes/aquasocks.

DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Jerseyboy

Post by Jerseyboy »

Jorge wrote:Salt Pond is bad, very very bad. Don't go there. Luvya, Jorge
Salt Pond? Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded. :lol:
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

mary beth wrote:thought this was refering to any body of water where the DBFT was going to be! :)
You made me laugh out loud Marybeth!
wontongirl

Post by wontongirl »

You are misinformed- I am just the keeper of the DBFT. I will just be along to make sure nobody gets lost and they get home safely, take their medicine, keep everyone together so nobody wonders off, to make sure :twisted: they eat right and get plenty of exercise- that sort of thing. I never have any fun in STJ. :lol:

I can't wait to scope out salt pond and drunk bay!!!!
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

Jerseyboy wrote:
Jorge wrote:Salt Pond is bad, very very bad. Don't go there. Luvya, Jorge
Salt Pond? Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded. :lol:
And don't forget your car will get ransacked every time... :wink: