A drive along the California Central Coast

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
California Girl

A drive along the California Central Coast

Post by California Girl »

I took this video on Saturday when we were driving back to San Juan Capistrano from Arroyo Grande (near San Luis Obispo). It shows the road just north of Santa Barbara with a stop at a view point where I took a panorama of the Channel Islands. Some of the islands are sort of lost in the glare of the sun, but it's still pretty. Enjoy!

Oh yeah, I tried to use California Dreamin' and/or California Sun for the music, but I just couldn't get it to work, thus, the music is just one of my favorite songs and it seemed to fit. :D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZauSAAsugmE?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZauSAAsugmE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Carolyn

Post by Carolyn »

Thanks Margo!
I enjoyed the ride.
Mountains and ocean together are what we love about St John and of course CA too.
and
yes, the Michael Franti tune is perfect.
linne

Post by linne »

Thank you so much for the video. I hope I will be able
to see CA myself once in the future.

Linne
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Carolyn, now that you mention it, I guess there are a number of similarities between the Calif. coast & STJ.

Linne, I hope you can visit California, too! It has so much to offer! :D
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

I was there last summer! My best friend from 8th grade lives in Santa Maria. I spent a week with her... we spent 3 days on HWY 1. We saw elephant seals, Phiffer (sp?)Falls, and the really great State park just South of Carmel. I loved it. Can't wait to go back with Capn Dan. I have tons of fabulous pictures!
Terry

Post by Terry »

Dang, Margo...I think you passed our car while we were out there. Imagine! :lol:
Coden

Post by Coden »

Thank you, that was an awesome trip down the coast!! :)

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:29 am.
Coden