Ringing the bell for Howie on the 30th

Travel discussion for St. John
Bill in Va

Ringing the bell for Howie on the 30th

Post by Bill in Va »

Yo...Hi there my forum family. Tomorrow I do my deal and ring the bell I helped mount at the beach bar a few years ago. You can see the picture on this site. Yep even Anthony was there. This is to honor a fellow forumite. Lots of us knew him and some may not but...I ask all who visit Skinny Legs to ring the bell and if someone asks why just say its for my buddy...Yes we are family..........God bless...Bill
You are never too old to have a happy childhood...
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I'll be thinking of you and Howie tomorrow. Although I never had the pleasure of knowing him, I still feel his presence here on the Forum. :D
lprof

Post by lprof »

For those who would like to know a little more about Howie, the bell, and the "Forum Family" there is more information found here:

http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/f ... tory+howie

http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/p ... m=7&pos=19
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

I visited Skinny's in October and explained Howie's bell to my girlfriends. It looks a bit more weathered than when it was originally hung and it fits in perfectly. Kind of like I expect Howie did.
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Everytime I see the bell I think of Howie and his Sunshine. A good way to remember and honor him.
*Another fine scatterbrained production
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

I remember Howie being such a positive voice way back when I joined the forum. (I changed user names at some point, hence the date mismatch)
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Hey Bill...........I've been thinking about you today! Yup, everytime we go to Skinny's we ring the bell and think of Howie, Sunshine, and all the love he shared on this forum. We lost a good guy. :cry:
Bill in Va

Bell update deal..

Post by Bill in Va »

Yo forum family...The cook who was there at our deal is still there. I found him out and got my hug and he said he was waiting for us. I did the kiss and ring of Howie's Bell today. I think we need to replace the plaque with something that will last. It is really tough to read. I am willing to do this but I want to hear from you guys. I think we should keep the original one and put an exact one over it and have it covered by plexiglass etc....Please let me know your thoughts..God bless..Bill
You are never too old to have a happy childhood...
Bill L.

Re: Bell update deal..

Post by Bill L. »

Bill in Va wrote:Yo forum family...The cook who was there at our deal is still there. I found him out and got my hug and he said he was waiting for us. I did the kiss and ring of Howie's Bell today. I think we need to replace the plaque with something that will last. It is really tough to read. I am willing to do this but I want to hear from you guys. I think we should keep the original one and put an exact one over it and have it covered by plexiglass etc....Please let me know your thoughts..God bless..Bill
Hi Bill, I'm in. Please let me know what's needed.
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

I regret that I didn't know Howie. But I have read the tributes to him for several years. I would like to help re: a new bell/plaque at Skinny's maybe under plexigass to make it happen. Wouldn't it be cool to add Mr. B to Howie's new rememberance? Also to add the forum member's grandson who passed way too soon and who loved STJ - I am sorry that I don't remember her but she posted a photo of him. Am I dreaming to think it would be wonderful to add several names under Howie's? I have always thought that when I am in that better place it would be awesome to be remembered by my forum friends. Just my thought.....
Xislandgirl

Re: Bell update deal..

Post by Xislandgirl »

Bill in Va wrote:Yo forum family...The cook who was there at our deal is still there. I found him out and got my hug and he said he was waiting for us. I did the kiss and ring of Howie's Bell today. I think we need to replace the plaque with something that will last. It is really tough to read. I am willing to do this but I want to hear from you guys. I think we should keep the original one and put an exact one over it and have it covered by plexiglass etc....Please let me know your thoughts..God bless..Bill
I am in. Howie was one of a kind! My favorite forumite that I never met.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I'm in too! It would be super cool to add Mr. B's name, but I think adding a whole list of names would be more than Skinny Legs would want on that post. Just my opinion. :)

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:36 pm.