Adding pictures to posts

Travel discussion for St. John
Lindy

Adding pictures to posts

Post by Lindy »

OK - so I've finally figured out how to add a link to pictures, but I like the trip reports that have the actual picture in the post. Can someone explain how to do that please? Thanks!!!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

you have to have your photos uploaded to the web on a site that provides html code for linking. The easiest ones are photobucket, webshots, flickr or a site like those. You can also use photos you may already have on facebook if you use that.
So where are your photos? Let's start there.

Oh you can also use tinypic.com
but to me that is a PITA for more than just 1 or 2 photos.
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

Thank you!!!! Mine are on snapfish.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Lindy wrote:Thank you!!!! Mine are on snapfish.
I don't use snapfish so I'm not sure how to tell you to work with that. But try tinypic with photos right from your computer.
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

You can use BBCode http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/forum/faq.php#21 or HTML, but you can not mix both in one post. BBCode is a little easier for the forum.

FIRST STEP : UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE TO WEB, SOMEWHERE (as has been mentioned). Lots of sites offer HTML or BBCode to link

Then, use the "Img" button above to surround the link to your image - the link to the image must be a complete URL, like:

http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/i ... go-new.jpg

So - what that means is copy and paste something like the line above, and then highlight it, and then click the "Img" button above. You will then see your photo, instead of just the link, like so:

Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

Thank you Anthony! I'm going to give that a try.
jwwj

Post by jwwj »

Hi, trying to post my trip report with pictures and following the steps below. I have the photos on shutterfly, copy and paste the url, then highlight it and click "img" but when I click preview the picture doesn't show up, just the code.
Should it show up in preview?

thx
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

jwwj wrote:Hi, trying to post my trip report with pictures and following the steps below. I have the photos on shutterfly, copy and paste the url, then highlight it and click "img" but when I click preview the picture doesn't show up, just the code.
Should it show up in preview?

thx
yes it should show in preview. something isn't right. I have seen others try to post from Shutterfly and it doesn't work well. try going to tinypic and uploading from your computer. that's a pretty easy process.
jwwj

Post by jwwj »

thx, i'll give that a try
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Not sure, but you may have to add .jpg at the end of the URL inside the IMG tags. I have to do that when I link to my pictures on pbase.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:40 pm.