Parking Lot

Travel discussion for St. John
mconnors1

Parking Lot

Post by mconnors1 »

Does anyone know when the construction of the new parking lot will be complete?
hugo

Post by hugo »

I've heard approximately end of Feb. from a reliable source.
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

What lot?
crasherino

Post by crasherino »

Can someone remind me of the exact location again. SOmehwere near the tennis courts, yes?

Tks
lprof

Post by lprof »

crasherino wrote:Can someone remind me of the exact location again. SOmehwere near the tennis courts, yes?

Tks
http://stjohnsource.com/content/news/lo ... ay-project

http://www.on-stjohn.com/2010/11/23/wor ... rking-lot/
... no longer a stranger to paradise
papabou

Post by papabou »

granted the 150 spaces are much needed but very inconvenient for shoppers. the obvious answer would be for cruz bay merchants who would benefit from having more convenient parking for their customers, to require their employees to use the new parking thus freeing up in town parking for customers. similar to what large shopping centers do, require employees to park on the outer fringes of the parking lot and thus most convenient spaces become more available for customers.

will it work? of course if the businesses enforce. but merchants should be rewarded with more and happier customers.

papabou
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

papabou wrote:granted the 150 spaces are much needed but very inconvenient for shoppers. the obvious answer would be for cruz bay merchants who would benefit from having more convenient parking for their customers, to require their employees to use the new parking thus freeing up in town parking for customers. similar to what large shopping centers do, require employees to park on the outer fringes of the parking lot and thus most convenient spaces become more available for customers.

will it work? of course if the businesses enforce. but merchants should be rewarded with more and happier customers.

papabou
Or how about running a shuttle from there to Mongoose and Cruz Bay? I'd pay $1.00 or so for that. 8) :)

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

California Girl

Post by California Girl »

CariBert wrote: Or how about running a shuttle from there to Mongoose and Cruz Bay? I'd pay $1.00 or so for that. 8) :)

-Bert
There's your million $ idea Bert! Retire and run that shuttle! :D

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:04 pm.