Taxis from Hart Bay Fish Bay etc???

Travel discussion for St. John
PatrickMcc

Taxis from Hart Bay Fish Bay etc???

Post by PatrickMcc »

We are returning to St John after a 15 year break with our grown kids and their families. We haven't decided on a house yet (this would be next february) but might wind up somewhere on the South Shore. My question is- will taxi drivers be willing to take the young adults home from Cruz Bay late at night? I seem to remember problems getting a taxi to Maho Bay camps years ago. We have seen a couple of houses right in Cruz Bay and might try one of them so everyone would have the flexibility of night life without transportation issues but the houses further out have advantages also. Thanks for any help you can give. :?:
Kevino

Post by Kevino »

My experience over many years is you won't get a taxi to take you that far especially at night. They stay close to town with short trips. That's where the money is. Good luck!
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

If you are ataying at a fairly accesible villa, no dirt roads, etc and you do some work during the day, you should be able to find a taxi that will be in town at night, but you have to plan it out beforehand.

Do not assume that there will be any waiting to take them back to the villa at midnight,the chances for that are low, but prepare a little during the day by stopping by the taxi stand to find a late night driver and you should be able to not worry about them!
PatrickMcc

taxis

Post by PatrickMcc »

Thanks for the advice. This will help us plan where we want to rent.