Any feedback on Aurora or Argonauta?

Travel discussion for St. John
BuffaloGal

Any feedback on Aurora or Argonauta?

Post by BuffaloGal »

I got some good feedback on Argonauta (thank you) but wondering if anyone has recent experience at Aurora and if anyone has stayed at both and has an opinion. Or if there are others we should look at.

I love the location, and the views – especially at sunset – are important. But we're also traveling for the first time with another couple, and I want to have reasonably equal bedrooms (i.e., I prefer a king size bed and would feel like a heel taking the only one in the house). :lol:

As always, I value your opinion forumites!
laxcat

Post by laxcat »

I have stayed at both within the last 5 years. I willpost later when I am at my computer.
laxcat

Post by laxcat »

Both villas have too die for views. I love the area.

Argo: The outdoor dining deck was so nice to just sit at and watch the sunset and the twinkling lights of St Thomas. Nowhere as comfy to do that at Aurora.

While the pool may have been a tad smaller at Argo, it seemed nicer and the outdoor pool area is nicer with better poolside furniture, views, and a bar.

Argo is full A/C. In August at Aurora (AC bedrooms only) the great room got very warm and stuffy and was very hard to cool down in the evening. We spent more time at the villa because we were traveling with a baby and we spent a lot of time being super hot.

Hot tub at Argo with a great evening view.

Argo: The upper bedroom in the bedroom pod has the best views. A super comfy bed and when you lie down you can see the moon shining off the water and the St Thomas lights. Just the best! The other king room is pool side and I believe our friends who stayed in it enjoyed the views from there as well, but they were not as jaw dropping awesome. As mentioned the 2 rooms in the main house don't really have views.

Aurora: Good views from the 2 upper rooms, probably equal. We stayed in the poolside room which didn't have a great view and I can't remember if all you could see was the pool. Really big bedrooms. Separate apartment pool level. Has a bath tub. Some good amenities for traveling with kids (high chair, pack n play).

Both villas have some really nice outdoor island style showers.

Aurora just seemed a little older. Needed to have villa company come out for a few things. The stove had gas run out or problems a few times. Grill had some problems. A/C problems in one room. But they were good about responding to find a fix for the problems and they were very helpful when the hurricane was coming.

Aurora had a better price for when we needed to go.

If I was going with just another couple again I would go to Argo again. I am hoping to return again 1 day.

Let me know if you have any other questions.