What is your dream job on St John...

Travel discussion for St. John
Myheart'sinSTJ

Re: What is your dream job on St John...

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

CTBeachGirl wrote:Oh my goodness, in dying over here! That would definitely be employee of the Year with a "y"! Lol!!!
TO FUNNY!! Wait till he see his happy fingers error!
54b

Post by 54b »

Great thread topic, BigCheeze...here are my five:

Conch Fritter Food Critic - "When I closed my eyes and bit into the crustacious enigma, it revealed a hint of cumin and a touch of sassafras. I was instantly transported to a Hemingway novel and for that brief moment, I didn't care about my New Year's Resolution or the abundance of poly-hydrogenated guilt coursing through my arteries."

Lion Fish Interrogator - "For the last time, where is he? Where is Nemo? You found him and you ate him, didn't you? DIDN'T YOU? I want the TRUTH!!!"

Woody's Human Resource Director - "Hmmm, well, McKyra, it says here you're a people person, you're not afraid of blenders, have a YOLO back tattoo and are still mad at your Dad...when can you start?"

St. John Spice Greeter - (Ring-Ring) "Good afternoon, welcome to St. John Spice...no, I'm sorry, we don't have pop tarts or a bathroom...but if you buy two bags of Grill Rub, you get a "Kiss The Jumbie" cooking apron for free...it's our annual 'Twice As Nice' Spice Sale...."

Conrad Sutton's Rental Car Parking Lot Stunt Driver - "Hello, hello, I'm in a place called, vertigo..."

West Indian Etiquette Attache - "Okay, Mr. Wiskowski, we can do this....we'll do it together...let's go in strong and confident this time...remember, wait till you make eye contact and then BOOM, you drop a firm, 'Good MORN-ing' on them....Remember, accent on the MORN, not the ING...and say it with your heart...okay, you try, make me feel it...not bad, but don't roll your rrrr's....you do that and they're liable to burn your toast...oh and, um, show less teeth when you smile and don't nod your head. This is St. John, not Japan."
It’s not about yesterday or tomorrow...It’s about today, for come what may – Sun, rain, or hurricane – we've only time for a smile, and none for sorrow
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Work on a dive boat.
Caw954s

Post by Caw954s »

I'm a stream ecologist for the EPA but, it wouldn't be too hard of a jump over to the salty side :lol: . All kidding aside, I was concerned when it poured once during our recent STJ vacation and I watched a LOT of soil erosion flowing fast downhill. All the building coupled with exposed soil and poor best management practices is the worst thing that can happen to the beautiful coral reefs and clear water around St. John. Thank God and Rockefeller too that most of St. John is protected, but the other islands are also important to the health of all the reefs. The usvi, including puerto rico, is EPA Region 2 (new York) and I looked into what is going on for protection. Turns out EPA is holding a public meeting in st thomas on 2/25/2013 to discuss forming a Caribbean coral reef protection group. So that's what I want to do! Keep the soil erosion out of the bays, protect the reefs, so we can enjoy for generations to come. I also hated the whole trash situation on the island...there's got to be a more efficient way to handle trash?? :shock:
tjwgrr

Post by tjwgrr »

Executive director of snow removal services for the VI Department of Public Works- St. John division.

PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Caw954s wrote: All kidding aside, I was concerned when it poured once during our recent STJ vacation and I watched a LOT of soil erosion flowing fast downhill. All the building coupled with exposed soil and poor best management practices is the worst thing that can happen to the beautiful coral reefs and clear water around St. John.
Where I live (PA) one can't move dirt without miles of those barriers (long tube things) in place. I also find it shocking that there aren't stricter storm water management methods in place. Add the goats, sheep and donkeys to part of the problem too, chewing up the hillsides and distrubing the undergrowth.
hotrns

Post by hotrns »

OMG thanks tjwgrr ... I really needed that laugh! By the way, if you need an assistant to manage your calender and other appointments, I would be more than interested! :D
stingrat

Post by stingrat »

1. Wave counter
2. Food Taster
3. Alcohol Tester
4. Secret Shopper

Just off the top of my head.
High in the rockies?
lprof

Post by lprof »

stingrat wrote:1. Wave counter
2. Food Taster
3. Alcohol Tester
4. Secret Shopper

Just off the top of my head.
Not sure about the last three on your list, but if you should require an assistant, I could become passionate about wave counting.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Mrs. B

Post by Mrs. B »

My dream jobs on STJ would be:
- teaching yoga on the beach
-volunteering at the animal shelter
-tending the herd of wild donkeys
jmq

Post by jmq »

When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide