Favorite St. John T-shirt

Travel discussion for St. John
flip-flop

Favorite St. John T-shirt

Post by flip-flop »

Do you ever find yourself SOOOOOO desperate for some STJ limin' that you seek our your favorite STJ t-shirt and sleep in it? I can't say I am as hard core as RickG with the unwashed version, but I do have a favorite.

I got it somewhere in Mongoose Junction and on the back it says "If Found Return to St John" I wonder if I wear it around in public if someone will box me up and ship me back there ;)
Bug

Post by Bug »

Hey Flip Flop ~ I know exactly what you mean! My favorite tee was actually from my first trip 8 years ago and is starting to look pretty worn out. 2 weekends ago we actually had temps in the 70's (from PA) so I threw it on and did my usually Saturday running. When I got to one of my stops, the girl behind the counter says to me "Do you know your shirt has a hole in it?" I just smiled and said "yes I do"!! I think this will be one of those tee shirts that will have to fall off my body in pieces before I get rid of it :D

Bug
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I have mine and it is stained my wife would yell at me for wearing it
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

Can you believe I've never bought a STJ t-shirt??? :oops: Okay, flip-flop, add that to my next-trip-must-do list too. Sheesh, my must do list is getting so long, I may have to add a few days....
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Ohhh yessss! I have one I got in Mongoose Junction, too. It's sage green and has a real loosely drawn sailboat on the back and says, "St. John - U.S. Virgin Islands" below it. I think my friends are all sick of seeing it, but it's my mostest favorite shirt! :D
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

waterguy wrote:I have mine and it is stained my wife would yell at me for wearing it
I sincerely doubt that.
-Ruth
Ron_L

Post by Ron_L »

I had a hard time finding t-shirts in my size on STJ. The lady at the Jolly Dog Trading Company store (the larger one, not the one by Skinny Legs) told me that one brand if shirt that they carry ran large so I tried on a 2XL and it fit! (I normally wear a 4XL) So, I bought a shirt that has a dog skeleton on it and it says "Dog is my pirate". But, my favorite shirt came from the same store and it has all of the various Dip signs from around the island on it. I've only worn it twice and I've gotten quite a few questions about it.
...ron

Time to start working on convincing the wife that we have to go back soon!
cat

Post by cat »

Mine is one I got from a gift shop next to Skinny legs that has a woman pirate on the front and says Women who behave rarely make history! I try to live up to that shirt on a regular basis!
JT

Post by JT »

I'm pretty partial to an old dark blue Island Blues tee. It's pretty faded, but I don't wear it when doing real dirty work.
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

VickiH wrote:Can you believe I've never bought a STJ t-shirt??? :oops: Okay, flip-flop, add that to my next-trip-must-do list too. Sheesh, my must do list is getting so long, I may have to add a few days....
Vicki - Sorry we may have to kick you out of the club girl! Get yourself a t-shirt next time ok :)
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Ruth I guess if I wasn't trying to wear it to cocktail parties she might not of cared
Last edited by waterguy on Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ron_L

Post by Ron_L »

cat wrote:Mine is one I got from a gift shop next to Skinny legs that has a woman pirate on the front and says Women who behave rarely make history! I try to live up to that shirt on a regular basis!
When are you going to be on STJ, Cat? Sounds interesting... :lol:

I saw that shirt. I thought my wife should buy it but she disagreed. :roll: She bought a shirt that says "I'm On Island Time" instead.
Last edited by Ron_L on Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
...ron

Time to start working on convincing the wife that we have to go back soon!
BOATSRUS

Post by BOATSRUS »

Hey Ruth, Can you get T-shirts to match the "One Horned Butt-Fish" stickers?...That's the one I want!
I'd rather be in the boat with a drink on the rocks than in the drink with a boat on the rocks
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I don't have any St. John t-shirts but John does, and I steal his shirts all the time for pajamas. My favorite one has a drawing of a jeep on it, and it says "St. John" on the top and "keep left" on the bottom.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

For awhile I wasn't wearing mine at all. I was trying to preserve it because I didn't know when I would go back to STJ. Now I am wearing it and I can get more when I go back!