Favorite St. John T-shirt

Travel discussion for St. John
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

Mine's a spaghetti tank. I got it in the little shop next to JJ's. It's black and says St. John, USVI with a pair of flip-flops underneath done in crystals. I love it! The little man has a faded denim blue/gray T that has a pirate skull and Coral Bay. He wears it at least once a week!
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Here's a picture of my favorite St. John t-shirt:

Cheers!
---Jim
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Iwoa guy thats mine too
mrsb

Post by mrsb »

I was going to say my rather plain St John Fitted Tee but I remembered I have one from the Quiet Mon that says "How about a nice big cup of shut the F up" That's my fave :wink: Awful, aren't I?
When will I see St John again?
RickG

Post by RickG »

Iowaguy, the new Woody's shirt gets the most comments when I where it. My daughter wears hers more and gets a lot of comments too - along the lines of aren't you kinda young...

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

bj wrote:My favorite t-shirt is the one I buy each year during the "Fourth of July Celebration" by artist David Ferguson. Every year is better and better with wonderful, unique, colorful designs. In 2002 during the Fourth of July Celebration food fair he was honored for his craft and for the many years contributing to the St. John community. He also does his own silk screening - each shirt done by hand in St. John. Most t-shirts sold in the local shops are all mass produced in foreign countries.
I even have a few that I have stretched and framed, which are now haning on the wall - as they are pieces of art.
Wife buys one from every year. As soon as he sets up she getting one.
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

My Sun Dog Cafe T Shirts. They have a apw print and Bone Appetit wriitne on the back. They are made of very nice heavy cotton.
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

Good grief, you all have been very busy here since last night! I have a lot of catching up to do....

Waterguy - Have you tried soaking it in Oxiclean, then putting it in a normal wash? If it's white, you can wash it in bleach after the soaking, but please do not soak and bleach at the same time, it's dangerous. I think that I have a pretty good idea of what your wife went through getting you dressed for a cocktail party. That's pretty much why I never go to cocktail parties.

Other issues:

OneHorn Buttfish - Yes they have tee shirts, rash guards, muscles shirts, kids tee, those shorts for tiny people with the printing on the butt.....We have a lot of that stuff in St. John Kids. Very fun stuff.

Re: Grumpy's tee shirts. I have a Grumpy's tee shirt, but when I bought it, they didn't have a lot of sizes, so I got it really big. Really big mistake. It fits Ron better and is now in his wardrobe. The first time I ever met Maryanne, we were in our yard in Mass. and she stopped to introduce herself because Ron was wearing MY Grumpy's tee shirt. Ron and I were sadly present the night Grumpy's burned. I was working at the Lime Inn trying to usher customers out as calmly as possible and Ron ended up on the roof of Pink Papaya with a garden hose. (Loooong story and a night I'll never forget.)

By the way, we do also carry hoodies and some crystal sparkly shirts. I only mention this because it occurred to me while reading this topic that all these items should be on my web site, but are not because the work involved in putting them there would seriously interfere with my forum time. I was amused by this, otherwise I probably wouldn't have mentioned it.

Ron L. - I would be more than happy to get any tee shirt we carry in your size. Of course, you'd need either a very good memory or a plane ticket back (since they're not all on the web site). Come back right away and pick out something you like.

I think I'm all caught up now. Carry on.
-Ruth
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

Flip-Flop - I went upstairs and checked. My donkey t-shirt says "Nice." It has St. John Virgin Islands printed on the bottom.

Could have been worse. :wink:
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Ruth- I remember that night well. I was at the Backyard when someone ran in and said Grumpy's was on fire. I had only been on island for less than a year. It was a wild night.
Bandit

Post by Bandit »

Jorge, Waterguy, and Bandit may have something when they say my hair color may have seeped into my braincells.......I have no natural blonde, but you sure wouldn't know it sometimes!
At least you have all your teeth!

P.S. Vicki...check your messages.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

VickiH wrote:Flip-Flop - I went upstairs and checked. My donkey t-shirt says "Nice." It has St. John Virgin Islands printed on the bottom.

Vicki that is awesome! Thanks for finding out for me!!! I may have to add that to my collection ;)
RickG

Post by RickG »

VickiH wrote:Flip-Flop - I went upstairs and checked. My donkey t-shirt says "Nice." It has St. John Virgin Islands printed on the bottom.

Ya, I saw that shirt in November. It was when my 15 year old daughter held it against and asked if she could get it. I said "NO!!!"

God is starting the payback.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Thanks for the tip Ruth I need all the help I can get doing laundry
cat

Post by cat »

RickG wrote:

Ya, I saw that shirt in November. It was when my 15 year old daughter held it against and asked if she could get it. I said "NO!!!"

God is starting the payback.

Cheers, RickG

And I am so sure you deserve it! I'm sure that I don't just speak for myself when I say that you are not alone either! You've got good company in that department here!