Favorite non chocolate cupcake???

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Xislandgirl

Favorite non chocolate cupcake???

Post by Xislandgirl »

I have been challenged by Chip to create the geatest cupcake ever for his birthday in a few weeks.
We does not really care for chocolate very much, so I am looking for your favorite to give me inspiration.

Thanks!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

I sent you a link on FB a week or so ago to a Rum Punch cupcake. Did you see it?
bevm

Post by bevm »

Coconut Pecan Cupcakes Recipe
• 24 Servings
• Prep: 50 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
50 20 70
Ingredients
• 5 eggs, separated
• 1/2 cup shortening
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 2 cups sugar
• 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
• 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup cornstarch
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup buttermilk
• 2 cups flaked coconut
• 1 cup finely chopped pecans

FROSTING:
• 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
• 1/4 cup butter, softened
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
• 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
• 3/4 cup chopped pecans
Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in extracts. Combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
In a small bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Stir in coconut and pecans.
Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
In a large bowl, combine frosting ingredients until smooth; frost cupcakes. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
bevm

Post by bevm »

Zucchini Cupcakes Recipe
• 18-24 Servings
• Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
20 20 40
Ingredients
• 3 eggs
• 1-1/3 cups sugar
• 1/2 cup canola oil
• 1/2 cup orange juice
• 1 teaspoon almond extract
• 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini

CARAMEL FROSTING:
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1/4 cup 2% milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1-1/2 to 2 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions
• In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil, orange juice and extract. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in zucchini.
• Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
• For frosting, combine the brown sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool to lukewarm.
• Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 1-1/2 to 2 dozen.
bevm

Post by bevm »

X....both of the above are Contest Winning recipes from Taste Of Home. I have never made one of their recipes and been disappointed...
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I like red velvet
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Does he like strawberries? Or raspberries? If yes, how about a rich vanilla cupcake, hollow out the center and fill it with a mix of crushed berries and whipped cream. Top with more whipped cream and a berry on top. Obviously these won't hold long--you would have to fill them close to when you are serving them.

Or...how about a caramel or coffee cupcake with salted caramel frosting? Top the frosting with drizzled melted caramel and maybe a small sprinkle of sea salt.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
jdw

Post by jdw »

I had a cherry limeade cupcake the other day. The cake was a key lime cake recipe and the frosting had chopped up cherries in it...wonderful!
deejayjay

Post by deejayjay »

Favorite, non chocolate, cupcake? Isn't that an oxymoron?
LauraD

Post by LauraD »

liamsaunt, Who are you? you must be a famous somebody cook, your recipes and plating of your dishes are yummy. I have cooked several of dishes and delish. I look forward to seeing you on TV network showdown. Gratitude to you for sharing, Laura
You must be the change you want to see in the world
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Carrot!! Carrot, with cream cheese frosting! I know it sounds boring, but carrot is always a winner with me! (and I'm a chocoholic!)

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:36 am.