Which new beach?

Travel discussion for St. John
mindehankins

Which new beach?

Post by mindehankins »

He He! Sorry to hit you all with a million questions, but the trip is coming up quickly and my mind's starting to race!

Which great beach have we missed? We love Francis, Little Lameshur and "the paid access beach that will remain un-named :wink: "

We've been to Hawksnest, Trunk, Cinnamon, Jumbie, Salt Pond, Waterlemon, Salomon and Honeymoon, Little Maho, Whistling Cay and Mary's Point.

Are we missing any nice spots where Blaine and I can go for a float together, then he can settle in with a book and I can float while supervised from shore? Access needs to be fairly easy for me. I'm wondering about Denis, and you can PM me if you don't want to advertise...
Carolyn

Post by Carolyn »

Minde I don't think Denis is a good choice for you...it's a bit of a downhill walk to get there and then back up after, at least from the Peace Hill parking area, if I remember correctly.

How about Francis?...relatively close parking and flat easy walk to a descent size beach.
ShelleyZ

Post by ShelleyZ »

Gibney/Oppenheimer? It's a gem. A really special spot. Go early for parking.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Thanks, Carolyn! We love Francis and that'll probably be our first beach.
lisa mcg

Post by lisa mcg »

Vie's Beach.....easy access, very quiet, chairs on site and yummy food (and drink) to boot 8)
all you have to do is smile, smile, smile
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

ShelleyZ wrote:Gibney/Oppenheimer? It's a gem. A really special spot. Go early for parking.
I'll do a search and check it out! Thanks!
brenda

Post by brenda »

Big Maho is usually very calm with very easy enrty from the road. Lots of "pelican watching" too. One of our favorite beaches.
Going "home" again October 26th!
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

Francis,Lameshur and the "unnamed" beach are my favs!! While I don't think it's a good swimming beach, we love the sunsets at Frank Bay. Right across the street from Elaine Estern's Coconut Coast Studios is a good spot for a great sunset.

http://www.seestjohn.com/beaches_frank.html

Gibney is on my want to do list for this year!
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

Ditleff?
deejayjay

Post by deejayjay »

We'll be there soon too. Haven't been to ditleff, but isn't there no public access now. If there is, How?. I've heard there's excellent snorkeling there. Gibney/oppenheimer is one of my favorites, and we have never parked and walked down to it. I too have walking issues. We always go to hawksnest and swim/snorkel over there. Haulover south is simple and close road access beach you're usually by yourself . Haulover north is a rock beach, but easy level walk. Both have excellent snorkeling.
cindygad

Post by cindygad »

Gibney has everything you are looking for. Need to be there before 10 to get one of the 3 parking spaces. Gentle slope down to beach. Lots of shade. Our favorite spot this year.
loria

Post by loria »

i really like big lameshur--it's rocky--but i like rocks--and if you hav a chair, then no biggie and floating is great there and not a lot o folks hang there (since it's rocky.....)
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

Gibney 4 sure! :wink:
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
sasky

Post by sasky »

I'll hop on the Gibney train too. It would be my hands-down favorite if the snorkeling was a little better. But then again, if the snorkeling was better it might be a little more well known/popular. Perfect beach for floating in the water or falling asleep in the shade.

Sigh... Ticker please move faster.
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

We also consider Little Lamshur and Francis as favorites. A new favorite for me is Denis. As mentioned though it is a bit if an uphill goatpath. I understand that it can be easily accessed by snorkeling over from Jumbie though. When you were at Waterlemon, did you stop at Leinster beach to swim? The water was really calm and turtles were abundant. It was a pleasant view out to Mary Point and Leinster Bay boat moorings. We visited Haulover last time on our exit day just to see them. We have heard great things about the snorkeling at HO north but the beach wasn't that great. HO south was calm and the view was spectacular. I would think that it would make a great floating/beaching/reading/relaxating beach. I must make a disclaimer and admit that I have not been in the water there, we only stopped in to see the beach before heading to the ferry to go home.
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"