What will yall do on your first night in paradise

Travel discussion for St. John
wontongirl

What will yall do on your first night in paradise

Post by wontongirl »

Let's start a thread about what everyone does their first night on STJ. I'm not asking for positions Jorge, I'm talking, grocery, no grocery, restaurant, cook in, order in, order out, beach, sleep, what do you drink, or any particular traditions you have.
Jorge- I may have the dialies in a minute!!!
I'm on martini #3. What is it they say- " ONe martini-Two martini- Three martini---Floor!
canucknyc

Post by canucknyc »

Groceries, get settled at the villa, then cocktails, dinner and cocktails by the pool (yep, I said cocktails twice)
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

Wontongirl: I'm glad to hear you're drinking...I'm drinking too and don't necessarily like to drink alone. My husband is away on business tonight, so now I'm drinking with you. Positions...are you crazy? That first travel day is just too exhausting. Cheers! Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
Bug

Post by Bug »

Unpack with a frozen drink, do a little grocery shopping, head over to Coral Bay for our first dinner at Shipwrecks, back over to Cruz Bay to sit at the Beach Bar for the remainder of the night. Oh, maybe a late night dip in the hot tub if I can still function after the Beach Bar :wink:
papabou

first night

Post by papabou »

same routine for last several trips. buy rum, tequila & bride' cheap cigs at airport, stop at starfish for wine, beer, soft drinks, stuff for next days beach lunch (we bring granola, oatmeal and coffe for breafast) and 1st evenings food from their deli stuff; usually pasta, feta and tomatoes etc. to the villa for sunset if travel on sat when delta has a morning non stop from atl, otherwise we enjoy the lighting of stt as we wine and dine on deck.

now that i think about it that's what we do about 80% of time. on the way home from daily beach trip, we stop at starfish and get stuff for dinner (fish/beef/pork for me to grill) salad and or pasta and more wine. we're stuck in a rut. we tried it and liked it.

papabou
Ron_L

Post by Ron_L »

It was unpack, buy groceries, grill some chickie chests and drink a couple of Carib's bought cold at Starfish.
...ron

Time to start working on convincing the wife that we have to go back soon!
nascarfan59

Post by nascarfan59 »

By tradition we usually walk into town and have a few drinks at the Front Yard, grab a six pack and head back. Using Mixology this year so we might just chill at the vill.

God is great, beer is good, people are crazy.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
JT

Post by JT »

Get car.
Drive to Coral Bay to villa.
Empty car of all two bags.
Island Blues and/or Aqua Bistro and/or Shipwreck Landing and/or Skinny's, in no particular order.
Love City Mini Mart to stock up on beer, rum, mixers,bottled water, breakfast stuff, and bread and peanut butter & jelly.
A couple days later we'll go back to "town" to hit Pine Peace and the Starfish Bandits for a little more substantial foodstuff.
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
Betty

Post by Betty »

LOL Jorge, thanks for ending my day with a good belly laugh! :lol:
Night all!
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

After meeting up with Ruth and Ron at the ferry dock for our traditional hugs (Ruth, don't forget the asprin, please), we will get our Jeep from Mr. Sutton (hopefully I'll be able to give hugs to Carmen and Gladys while Pete catches up with Conrad). Then, for the first time ever...we will have villa provisioning. A complete dinner awaiting us from Christy's. Ohmygod, I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to that treat!

So, we'll settle in a bit upon arrival. Maybe jump in the pool to wash off the travel funk and then light the candles on the deck. Enjoy a delicious dinner, talk of of the things we've gone through to get here, talk of the things we love about our lives at home that allow us to get here, talk about why we are here. Us. Our marriage. We have a (here come the quotation marks) "complicated" marriage and this love of ours is key to keeping the whole Brady Bunch together. So, we selfishly take these two weeks to reconnect. Nothing like a strong foundation.

After all of that talk, we'll probably crash. Long travel day. Maybe a few cocktails.

Marcia (Mrs. Pete)
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

Throw down $$$ at Starfish or Dolphin to stock up for a few days then back to the villa! Mix a couple of rum concoctions, find a comfy lounge chair by the pool and read the villa guest book cover to cover out-loud! I take mental notes (what's left of my mental-ness) then island time kicks in and hey! Island music, swimming, Carib, beautiful stars, wine, cheese & crackers, jacuzzi . . .
uh, WOW! It's morning already??? The sun sure does shine earlier here! 8)
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

This year we will spend our first night on STT so we will probably try to find an open restaurant.

Our first night on STJ, I would assume we will go out to eat. Don't plan on cooking too much.

Then probably hang out on the deck and drink.

What do you think Cat????

nothintolose
cat

Post by cat »

nothintolose wrote:This year we will spend our first night on STT so we will probably try to find an open restaurant.

Our first night on STJ, I would assume we will go out to eat. Don't plan on cooking too much.

Then probably hang out on the deck and drink.

What do you think Cat????

nothintolose
We are planning to meet you guys for dinner if you make it in time the first night in St Thomas. I am sure we will be eating out most nights so that sounds reasonable too.

Drinking on the deck is a definite! Unless there are mosquitos in which case we will be drinking in the villa looking out over the deck!

You need to start practicing though! We have been in training for years! You need to catch up.
lpowmacback

Post by lpowmacback »

After arriving at Gallows, we will either first unpack - or walk over to Courtesy to pick up our Liberty. Then over to St. John Spice for some coffee, Dolphin for water, oatmeal, cheese, mw popcorn, wine, fruit, etc. Go back to the condo - and get ready for dinner at Zozo's. After our scrumptuous meal, we will probably walk into town and mosie around for a bit - then return for a dip in the pool followed by relaxing on the deck -(hubby with wine - me with coffee - unfortunately - or fortunately - I HATE WINE & MOST LIQUOR - except BUSHWHACKERS!!!!) and SEE, HEAR & SMELL all of the beauty and wonder that is St. John. (The boys- 19 year old son & 20 year old nephew, on the other hand, will probably hang in Cruz Bay for a bit after dinner - hopefully :wink: )
Peace,

Lisa