I LIKE the new "LIKE" button!

Travel discussion for St. John
Pat

Post by Pat »

lprof wrote:I am seeing it at the bottom of posts... after the profile, pm, etc. buttons.
Nope, I don't see LIKE on my computer either but I do LIKE the idea
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Sorry for the "triple" yay post! That's what I get for posting from my "smartphone" I swear I only pushed the button once :shock:

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I can see it on my Facebook wall:
Margo Morgan-Gripp likes a link.
View topic - I LIKE the new "LIKE" button! Virgin-Islands-On-Line Travel Forum
www.virgin-islands-on-line.com
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

lprof wrote:I've "Liked" all of the above posts... nothing related shows up on FB, that I can see. Does anyone see that I have "Liked " these posts? Most of you know who I am.
did you check your wall/profile?
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

I wonder if you have to be a Facebook person and friend of VIOL to get the like button on the forum.
[/url]
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I don't think so silverheels, because I could see the like button on this thread before I logged in to the forum. So if you hit the "like" button here, it posts on your facebook wall that you like the post? Is that right?
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

It would be interesting if someone who is not on Facebook sees this like button. If you hit like on the forum and it goes to your facebook wall then that necessitates you having a facebook wall, doesn't it?
[/url]
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

liamsaunt wrote:if you hit the "like" button here, it posts on your facebook wall that you like the post? Is that right?
Yes I believe that is how it works - you are basically letting other people (your friends on Facebook) know that you like this post or comment, etc.

And then somehow I am supposed to make lots more money :) (I wish!)
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
California Girl

When I hit "LIKE" on pg. one of this thread, it marks all the posts on that page that I like them. I only see my name and Anthony's name as to who "LIKED" the posts on that page. When I get to page two, I see the button, but it doesn't show that Anthony or I like it, so I guess I'd have to LIKE it again for it to show up on pg. 2?
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

Anthony wrote:And then somehow I am supposed to make lots more money :) (I wish!)
And when you do, you'll invite us all to a big party in Florence, right? :wink: :lol:
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

Same here, CG. When I hit one like button it shows that I like all the posts on that page. So far I've seen no indication on FB.
[/url]
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

I don't have a fb acct. Do you need me to test something or let you know what I can or can't see?
Image[/url]
California Girl

Kentuckygirl wrote:I don't have a fb acct. Do you need me to test something or let you know what I can or can't see?
Do you see the "Like" button at the bottom of this post next to the PM button?
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

California Girl wrote:
Kentuckygirl wrote:I don't have a fb acct. Do you need me to test something or let you know what I can or can't see?
Do you see the "Like" button at the bottom of this post next to the PM button?
Yes, I do!
Image[/url]
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Kentuckygirl, what do you see, after you hit the like button? I don't like the idea of my name showing up on the facebook pages that I'm not friends with. I don't know how far that can go....