Mid Life Crisis Tour Part #1

Travel discussion for St. John
parafins

Mid Life Crisis Tour Part #1

Post by parafins »

Monday May 2nd.was my arrival date.I came by myself for the first time.Why?Well,I did my best to bring my wife to the rock,but camping wasn't her bag.I wanted to stay at Cinnamon Bay Camps for 3 days {baresite}.Then 5 days at Maho Bay Camps.{tent cottage}Maho Camps was the main reason I wanted to go because I fell in love with the campground on our last trip back in 2007.I knew Maho was going to close soon and I wanted to give it a try.So for the first time in my life I headed down alone.{with my wife's blessing of course-I think she gave me her blessing :roll: }All I know is that she said "you better not drown!"So Monday May 2nd.the plane lands @ 1:38 p.m.I have never landed that early on STT!It was great.No check on bags just carry on.Then off the Red Hook and off to paradise!Image
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
Mary L

Post by Mary L »

Awesome Picture :D
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

Good for you to venture out solo and experience the island the way that YOU want! :D And what a wonderful wife to let you do it!! And it sounds like you didn't drown!!
Is Maho really closing soon? What's up with that? :?
Can't wait to read more about your trip! Thanks Parafins :wink:
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

sounds exciting!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

I so love an adventure! I too would love to do the camping tent thing on St John, but alas, my Tommy prefers what he calls the "finer things" in life! Oh what he is missing! Of course, he is not a 35+ year Girl Scout....