Takeoff from SJU on a Cape Air Cessna - Video

Travel discussion for St. John
California Girl

Takeoff from SJU on a Cape Air Cessna - Video

Post by California Girl »

If you've never flown on Cape Air, you have missed a fun flight! I don't know what possessed me to video this, but I did, and here it is. :lol:

Taking off from SJU heading to STT
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MX07Bf0sFiI" frameborder="0"></iframe>
dejavu

Post by dejavu »

I took a Cape Air video too in February taking off in STX and landing in STT. I loved it! So close to the water and the views are fabulous!
PSUWethr

Post by PSUWethr »

Cool/ Flew on them once. Was happy to fly in the little planes. Was NOT happy that I had to tell them my weight so they could balance the plane! :D
Ron in South Texas

Post by Ron in South Texas »

Flew cape air several times. The last time, we hit turbulence coming into San Juan and were actually flying sideways. The lady across the aisle was scared to death and I was doing my best Texas "yeehaw". Then, the pilot did a short field landing. We had to squeeze in between two jets. Fun!!!
It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
bdkane

Post by bdkane »

My guess is you recorded it for the same reason I did when I flew Cape Air in Nov, you thought you may be documenting the final moments of your life :shock:
ColumbiaSCTraveler

Post by ColumbiaSCTraveler »

We took this flight on our first trip to STJ...which was our honeymoon. I made my new husband stand far, far away as I whispered my weight to the desk attendant at check-in. Embarassing!! However, this is one time to NOT fudge on your weight!!!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

PSUWethr wrote:Cool/ Flew on them once. Was happy to fly in the little planes. Was NOT happy that I had to tell them my weight so they could balance the plane! :D
LOL!! Yeah, that's the only "bad" part in my opinion! :lol:

bdkane - That's funny!! LOL!

Ron, I think I'd probably have to change my pants after a landing like that! "Yeehaw" would be the only appropriate word! :lol:
Ron in South Texas

Post by Ron in South Texas »

My son was in the copilots seat...he's is a pilot..he was laughing at/with the Cape Air pilot. We weren't in too much trouble. My kid said that he has flown sideways a lot...it's a small plane thing. :shock:
It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

We always enjoy our Cape Air flights. This year we flew back from STJ to STT. Our flight's arrival on STJ ran late. The pilot couldn't wait to tell us that as he taxied to the gate he watched the driver of a tractor fall out of his vehicle and then saw the tractor smash into a catering truck. He said that if the catering truck hadn't been where it was the tractor would have hit a fuel truck.

You don't find this stuff out when you fly in a big plane. And why isn't there a dead man's switch on the tractor throttle?
lpowmacback

Post by lpowmacback »

I love these little planes - especially over water... ESPECIALLY OVER THE CARIBBEAN WATER on my way to paradise ... what a divine way to start a vacation!

In Kauai I'd been on a 3-passenger plane - that was a little more intimidating- flying over those jagged mountains and all... When flying over to STT, I always think - what's the worst that can happen... I'll just crash into that utterly breath-taking giant blue-green sea :-)

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:14 am.
Peace,

Lisa