A House of Open Arms

Travel discussion for St. John
cjroyer

A House of Open Arms

Post by cjroyer »

Hi everyone - I am planning a trip next May with 2 friends and wondered if anyone has any experience staying at this villa. I'm told the couch downstairs is also a twin bed. It looks amazing and the reviews on trip advisor are all good but I haven't found much on here. One reviewer complained about the steps from the driveway to the villa. I'd really appreciate any input anyone has.

Thanks....C
parafins

Open Arms..

Post by parafins »

Nope! Never heard of that villa,but i'm familiar with "Empty Arms Hotel" :D Hee Haw!
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
Catherine Perry

Post by Catherine Perry »

Hi This is Catherine and I own and take care of my guests at a House of Open Arms.... Just want to let you know that the villa was built with couples in mind and is a one level bedroom, living room, kitchen with the bathroom up a short flight of stairs for privacy's sake. I have welcomed 3 girlfriends who want to travel together and then one of them sleeps on the couch. This saves them money and renting a larger space then they actually need. I welcome all and encourage those looking to compare price, location, amenities. I have been in business for 5 years now, have a 50% re-booking rate and love my guests. St John is a hilly Island so if stairs are a question for you, you should seek the advice of the people who manage the various villas. They will tell you the truth as they want a good match for their homes as much as you do! Hope you found something especially lovely for you and your friends! Warmly,
Catherine
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

Catherine Perry wrote:Hi This is Catherine and I own and take care of my guests at a House of Open Arms.... Just want to let you know that the villa was built with couples in mind and is a one level bedroom, living room, kitchen with the bathroom up a short flight of stairs for privacy's sake. I have welcomed 3 girlfriends who want to travel together and then one of them sleeps on the couch. This saves them money and renting a larger space then they actually need. I welcome all and encourage those looking to compare price, location, amenities. I have been in business for 5 years now, have a 50% re-booking rate and love my guests. St John is a hilly Island so if stairs are a question for you, you should seek the advice of the people who manage the various villas. They will tell you the truth as they want a good match for their homes as much as you do! Hope you found something especially lovely for you and your friends! Warmly,
Catherine
let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. You will find a great group of people who love to receive info on St john
cjroyer

Post by cjroyer »

Hi Catherine! I haven't forgotten you :) I still have not decided on a place to stay. In my previous 4 trips to St John, I have never had such a difficult time deciding where to stay. We actually discussed this just yesterday but I forget if you said the sofa is a sleeper sofa or not. I also would like to know if there is a pool deck. The pictures don't actually show if there is a deck area around the pool for lounge chairs.

I'll need to make a decission soon. Now that you've said hello here on the forum, I have a feeling your business will start to boom!! Good for you!!

Cindy
sherpa

House of Open Arms

Post by sherpa »

I have been a guest at the House of Open Arms twice. My husband and I have stayed in the Villa on both visits and on our return visit, we booked the Cottage for our two young adult daughters. Catherine is amazing at what she does. She would not steer you wrong. Her property is currently booked up well into the future. In fact, unless you reserve well in advance, you may be disappointed. I dream of returning to this unique and magical oasis of calm and beauty. Better get my act in gear...the House of Open Arms is spectacular and not to be missed.
Backtotheislands

Post by Backtotheislands »

Does the cottage also have access to the pool or only the villa? Curious for the future!
sherpa

House of Open Arms

Post by sherpa »

The pool is for the use of the Villa guests. I love that pool...it has the most spectacular view. I probably spent hours just gazing off into the distance. So refreshing and relaxing.