More prayers need for Mom

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Connie

More prayers need for Mom

Post by Connie »

My Mom is 88. An amazing woman.

Our last trip didn't go too well. About a week before we left Mom had a mini stroke. She did well with that and with alot of planning with brothers, friends and neighbors, we were able to leave and go on vacation.

Four days into vacation I received a phone call from my Brother Mom was back in the hospital with a blood clot in her lung and her leg. We scrambled home (big thanks to CSA Insurance). After 13 days, she was released and was doing well.

Fast forward to yesterday, we went to her pulminologist and he looked at her cat scans from the hospital. He found nodules in her lung that don't look good to him. Since she had colon cancer in 2008, he's assuming that this is not good news.

I have to take her for a PET scan on Tuesday, so he can see exactly what's going on.

I'm just asking for prayers from all the amazing people on this forum. I know that they've helped many people.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
loria

Post by loria »

sending healing thoughts your way--I hope all goes well for your mom.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
byado18

Post by byado18 »

Sending prayers and virtual hugs to all of you!
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

oh connie. such crappy news. i pray for strength for you and your family...
VIlanders

Post by VIlanders »

Thinking of you and praying for you and your mom.
djmom

Post by djmom »

Sorry to hear Connie, you and your mom will be in our prayers.
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
AH

Post by AH »

Connie,

Having a parent go through these things is so difficult. I know how you were looking forward to your time on STJ. So sorry to hear your time there was cut so short. Sending good wishes your way. Hang in there.

AH
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

It is so hard to see someone we love have any type of problem. I hope the tests give you good news! Stay positive!! I have said a prayer for your Mom.

xoxo
Coden

Post by Coden »

Hopes and prayers that everything is okay.
Coden
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

I am so so sorry to hear about your Mom Connie! Sending tons of prayers to ya'll and will be thinking about you guys.
Connie

Post by Connie »

Thanks everybody. PET scan is scheduled for Wednesday, so we should know shortly after that.

I just can't see her going through any chemo or radiation at her age, so if these tests come back bad, it will be just a waiting game :o(

When we were down in STT, there was a really nice older man. He was security at Sapphire. He knew I was upset about Mom and I told him what was going on. He said that everytime he look at that beautiful water, he would say a prayer for my Mom. That made me feel so good. :o)
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

Connie,

Hugs and good thoughts for your mom and you! Our moms and dads are such special people...What a wonderful thought from the security guard!

Along the same lines, when my daughter and son left for college I told them both that when the sunshine hit their cheeks or the wind rustled their hair it was their momma sending them love since I could not be with them as the spread their wings!

Keep your chin up and lean on us!
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

hope the test results bring good news. the waiting game is always hard. good thoughts being sent your way,
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
traveler22

Post by traveler22 »

Praying for you & your family