Travel Purse Question

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
pjayer

Travel Purse Question

Post by pjayer »

I haven't posted for awhile, but I know that you guys have the best advise. So, here goes. I need to a good purse that will hold all my stuff when traveling. I have a couple of big purses, but everything gets lost and I can't find things when I need them. What I'm looking for is one that will hold a laptop, iPad, phone, wallet, passport, and other things that most women take on trips. Ideally, this purse or small travel bag would have pockets or compartments where things are placed and easily found. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
cliffnchristi

Post by cliffnchristi »

This is what I used as my personal item on the plane. I have the medium, but as you can see they have other sizes. If the link doesn't work, it's an LL Bean canvas tote bag. They also come with a zippered top.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/33381?feat=2-SR0
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

I have several Travelon bags (purses and totes) purchased at qvc.com just search Travelon and I also have found some great travel bags at TJ Maxx !
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

I have a couple of Lug bags.

I use this one a lot

http://www.luglife.com/Moped-Day-Pack?s ... 97#button4

I also have one of the weekenders.

Take a look.
janet
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I searched forever and finally settled on the LL Bean Boat and Tote with the long handle and zipper.

I put in my small trip purse, Nook, Travel doc holder, my ziploc toiletry bag, and snacks.
It doubles as my beach bag or tote when I get to where I am going.

I have dozens of bags, ask Chip :lol: and this is the best I have found by far.
toni

Post by toni »

maybe you'd like more of a messenger bag (or more stylish laptop bag)? they have a lot more compartments since you're specifying a laptop.

i've had an eddie bauer messenger bag for years(before laptops became popular!), carrying it on a daily basis and have used it for business travel nook/ipad/wallet glasses etc etc ad infinitum.

they don't offer the one i have anymore, but maybe something like this looks interesting?
http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/produ ... All=y&pg=1
:oops: i like the looks of the plaid one --- since i've been browsing now, might have to add it to the collection :oops:

thye offer a smaller similar style, but not sure if it would hold the laptop.

for "fun" travel I have a big llbean bag like this one, except a floral print:
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/58372?feat=2-SR0
the outside compartments are nice for water bottles, munchies, travel books, but the inside is one black hole which can be a headache ('cept it has one smaller zippered compartment too). like this for doubling as my beach bag-holds a couple beach towels, etc. i tend to get things dirty so i like the nylon aspect of it. also it folds really easy so i usually pack it on the outbound flight and use it as carryon for the return flight.

ok, my name is toni and i am a bag collecter :lol:
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

I love Baggalini. I use a small handbag as my travel purse- lots of pockets, water resistant nylon, strong zippers- but they also have larger tote sizes. Check it out:

http://www.baggallini.com/collections.a ... ection='ht'
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

Ooooohhhhh. Ahhhhhhh. So many suggestions and so much to look at. I know what I'll be doing later this weekend when the chores are finished. Thanks for the tips. I knew I could count on the forum. :)
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
kklay

Post by kklay »

I recently purchased two of the large tote bags from the Vera Bradley website - there are two sizes and many fabrics to choose from. It works great as a travel bag and has several pockets - some are plastic-lined. I used the one on my trip to Daytona - it was my personal carry-on and I always take a smaller purse for when we go out. The tote also doubles as my beach bag. The top zips and the handles are long enough to put it on your shoulder. This will easily hold your lap top, travel documents, etc. and keep things separate for you. Good luck with your search! :D
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

EBags.com has a weekend deal - 25% off one item.
janet