Presidents Week

Travel discussion for St. John
Jeff&Cindy

Presidents Week

Post by Jeff&Cindy »

Wife and I visited STJ from a Cruise ship, and we had to come back for more. Presidents week... probably crazy busy, right? (Its our only choice.)

Villa booked (Little Palm). Jeep rented. (Courtesy) What else should we pre-book or be prepared for?

First beach? First beach bar? BVI or not?
loria

Post by loria »

Welcome to the forum! you came to the right place to ask your quetions.... IMO--first beach Maho or salt pond (but i am sure others have definite opinions!) first beach bar...the beach bar!
and yes, presidents week will be the height of the high season, but it will still be lovely!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
inuny

Post by inuny »

I've been to st john twice during president's week - it's crowded but not unbearable. If you plan on any excursions, you might want to book them before you're on island (or as soon as you arrive). Re dinner reservations, some people plan their dinner times in advance. We don't know what time we're going to be hungry, but we do call an hour or so in advance for dinner reservations.
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

If you have a specific vessel you want to be on for a BVI trip that week - I would research it and book that trip sooner rather than waiting until that week.
Greenskeeper

Post by Greenskeeper »

We've only ever been during President's Week and we never felt crowded or overwhelmed as we did in other vacation spots we had been to. I suggest if you plan on eating out, either make reservations or do so at off times as the restaurants get busy especially at night. Heading to the beach early will get you a parking spot and a good spot in the sand but unfortunately it doesn't mean some late comer won't park themselves on top of you later in the day- both their vehicle and derriere. :lol: We always rented from Conrad Sutton so we never had an issue with parking in Cruz Bay at night but we certainly saw people driving around aimlessly for long periods of time seeking out a spot.
Jeff&Cindy

Post by Jeff&Cindy »

Thanks for all of the replies! I guess we'll need to decide on the BVI idea, and then go looking for an excursion or two. Can't wait!