A dinner attire question

Travel discussion for St. John
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

It's always shorts and a tropical shirt for me
brenda

Post by brenda »

Thats one of the things that my husband loves best about STJ, the casual attire. I no longer even bring a pair of long pants for him except the zip off ones that he wears on the way down. Now that I made that statement, guess who does the packing for the family??? If my hubby packed, it would be all thrown in the bag :roll: I dress pretty casual there too, and unlike most of the girls on this forum, require minimal shoes.
Going "home" again October 26th!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

I dressed up for ZoZo's and felt very out of place. The couple sitting next to us had shorts and tank tops on. It's very casual.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I usually wear a casual dress when we go to dinner. I mean, really casual, loose fitting sundress kind of thing, with sandals (no heels). It keeps me cool and is more comfortable than shorts for me. John typically wears longer shorts, leather sandals, and a loose-fitting short sleeved button down shirt. Honestly, you will be fine whatever you wear!

Last time we were at Caneel the guest services desk told us they were enforcing a dress code at both Equator and Turtle Bay, but others have posted that they ate there without any dress restrictions. I guess if you wanted to eat there you could call first to double check.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
njhdrider

Does this help

Post by njhdrider »

Check out this website for Caneel Bay:

http://www.caneelbay.com/dine5.cfm
Ride with Pride BKNJIII
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
RickG

Post by RickG »

We do Tevas, shorts and tropical shirts.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

CG, wontongirl keeps telling me I don't need any dress clothes, but I did order a halter dress from Patagonia "Morning Glory" http://www.patagonia.com/web/us/product ... #sku.20520

it is cute, comfortable and wicks sweat! I'd feel confortable wearing it with my sandals or my fancier Cole Haan wedgy slide sandals I'm taking. I may be over doing it! But that is what I have in case I feel like I need to dress up. Otherwise, I have shorts and tank tops. I've promised myself not to overpack with clothes and shoes.
bobcside

Post by bobcside »

Wow, that Caneel Bay dress code is scary, for me anyway.. I was just bragging to a friend that when we go to the Islands I don't even pack socks. I have been to many a fine restaurant on STT and STJ and my take is, footware is whatever, shorts always and other than evening a Tank top fits the bill and evening is either a T shirt or if upscale spot a collared shirt or Hennley. Never a problem.
BOB
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

kellyanna wrote:CG, wontongirl keeps telling me I don't need any dress clothes, but I did order a halter dress from Patagonia "Morning Glory"
Cuuuute dress Kellee! So in my websurfing today I've seen a dress on J.Crew called Marybeth and one on Patagonia called Margot (I don't spell mine with a "T" though). This must be a message to Mary Beth and me! LOL! Mary Beth, do we need new dresses?
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

of course I had to go look at it! looks like a sack to me. Wish they would have asked me before they attached my name to that! (I'm 2 words tho ;)
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Yeah, not only does it look like a sack, but whoever designs their dresses must have something against women with boobs! Sheesh! :roll:
njhdrider

Dress code

Post by njhdrider »

I tend not to worry about dress codes, my better half takes care of that minor detail for me....
Ride with Pride BKNJIII
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

We were in Shorts and t-shirts almost the entire time. For Zozo's I wore a skirt and a sleeveless top, Chip wore his plaid "party" shorts and a plain colored t-shirt.

I overpacked as usual. I didn't wear half of what I brought.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:54 am.