Florida Relocation Blog - 2nd Installment online :)

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
California Girl

Florida Relocation Blog - 2nd Installment online :)

Post by California Girl »

I've started a blog as we begin to move forward with our relocation to South Florida. If you're interested in following, here's the link. I've never done a blog before, so please be kind! :lol:

http://floridadventure2012.wordpress.co ... beginning/
Last edited by California Girl on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loria

Post by loria »

Fun!!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

Yea- good luck! Bookmarking it now!
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Just read your blog! How exciting!
Image[/url]
Lex

Post by Lex »

Thanks so much. I'll be following this with great personal interest.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

I bookmarked it!
AH

Post by AH »

Margo,

We followed our dream last November. Moved from MI to the east coast of FL. Only one regret since then. We bought our house here twelve years ago but waited to make the move until the "perfect" time. Our one regret is that we waited so long. We have never been happier. I am anxious to follow your journey on your blog. Good luck to you!

AH
VIlanders

Post by VIlanders »

The same thought has crossed our minds of relocating to Florida. Looking forward to reading your blog and keeping up with the latest developments. Good luck and hope everything works out. I am sure it will be a great move for you both and so much closer to our favorite vacation destination!
California Girl

California Girl

Thanks everyone! What a nice response! AH, the time is right, we aren't going to wait any longer to start living again. Living in California isn't fun for us anymore. :(

VIlanders, I hope we don't end up discouraging you once you read what this all entails! LOL! :lol:
Sunflower

Post by Sunflower »

Hi Margo - guess you'll have to change your name now to "Florida Girl". I left you a message on your blog. Nice job so far :D

Just think...you'll be SO MUCH CLOSER to St. John :D
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

I am looking forward to keeping up with your blog. I would love to move to Florida, but family, jobs, etc, etc. When we retire, we'll do the same thing. I have lived in the same area (Virginia suburbs of Washington, DC) and can't imagine a big move. It was hard for us to just get our act together to move from one side of town to the other. Best wishes!
California Girl

Sunflower, I saw that you subscribed! That's so cool! Thank you! Yes, I'll have to think of a new appropriate forum name! Maybe I could even start all over with a new post count! :lol:
California Girl

We haven't moved for a long time, but there were years when we moved 2 or 3 times! Plus, in the last couple of years, I helped 3 other people move, so I'm an old hand at this! :D We're going to "86" a lot of our furniture, which will make it easier, for one thing! :D

Thanks for following along Bill!
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Wow Margo how exciting for you both! Congratulations and I hope it brings your much peace and happiness. Now I won't need to be worrying about you with earthquakes, fires, and mudslides. Huge plus is cheaper and shorter flights to STJ!
Be happy!